NCH Hotel Prices: Per Person or Room?

I was looking at some of the pre-cruise hotel options offered by NCL, and was wondering if anyone knew whether these are per person, or per room? For example, they're showing a Holiday Inn Times Square (NYC) room for $150, which seems like an excellent deal if it's per room but not quite as attractive if it's really $300 for the two of us.

Does anyone who's booked a hotel through NCL have any experience with their hotel packages? Thanks!

I was looking at some of the pre-cruise hotel options offered by NCL, and was wondering if anyone knew whether these are per person, or per room? For example, they're showing a Holiday Inn Times Square (NYC) room for $150, which seems like an excellent deal if it's per room but not quite as attractive if it's really $300 for the two of us.

From NCL's website (at the bottom of the page with hotels and prices): "* Rates are per person based on double occupancy and are subject to change without notice."

Edited by Demonyte

From NCL's website (at the bottom of the page with hotels and prices): "* Rates are per person based on double occupancy and are subject to change without notice."

Thanks. I've seen a lot of hotels that also say "per person", but the price winds up being the same regardless of whether it's one or two people; I was rather hoping that the same would hold true here as well.

Does anyone who's booked a hotel through NCL have any experience with their hotel packages? Thanks!

I actually called about this when we went to New York. Definitely per person and not a deal...Would be nice if they could swing a deal and I would then let them do all the planning and booking....same with flights. I would have to drive or fly myself to Atlanta to get their flight "deals". Nope.

We always book our hotel rooms thru the cruise line. It is actually not much more. It is worth the extra $. They pick up your luggage and don't have to deal with it till you get to your cabin. A bus picks you up in front of the hotel. It is actually cheaper than finding your own arrangements to get to the pier. Have Fun.

We always book our hotel rooms thru the cruise line. It is actually not much more. It is worth the extra $. They pick up your luggage and don't have to deal with it till you get to your cabin. A bus picks you up in front of the hotel. It is actually cheaper than finding your own arrangements to get to the pier. Have Fun.

Not true. It depends on the port. For example, in Rome, NCL transfers are $75 pp. Using the VERY easy train system, it was less than $35 per person. And the option of shared van rides can be way better than ship transfers or public transport.

No matter what you buy from the cruise line, the price is inflated. You can ALWAYS buy the same item or service cheaper. It may not be as convenient or brain stress free. But do your research and consider the options.

After our first few cruises, we stopped using ship excursions. Transfers and hotels - with a few minor exceptions (Cartagena when it was still dangerous, Tunisia last January because public transport is minimal and we didn't know enough about the port to 'trust' a taxi.). We have ALWAYS done way better with hotels on our own; however, we don't travel luxury style.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

it is more expensive to book thru cruiseline

I havnt done it for over 12 years.

About the time I figured out how to use the internet:o

I prefer to save some money and book everything on my own

other like the convenience of having someone else do it for them

but its all about choices

Agree with the above, the price is per person. I looked into booking a room in Miami for my family of 5. The price was $150 per person, so when I talked to the NCL rep about booking the room he said it would be around $750 total...for one night!!! I asked if he was kidding, and he didn't seem to get it...I told him he must be crazy to think I'd pay $750 for one night in a hotel with 2 queen beds and a rollaway cot! He finally seemed to snap to, and said, I was absolutely right, and could get a much better rate on my own.

Like most other things it is a matter of opinion, especially when it comes to a question of 'is it worth it'...

That is true. For my husband and I it is usually worth the extra expense since he has mobility problems and even with a cane walks very slowly. So for us it is worth booking the hotel through the cruise line since they pick us up at airport, put luggage on bus/van, take us to hotel, unload luggage and give it to bellman.

On embarkation day they load luggage on bus for transfer from hotel to port, take us to port where we make sure the porters take our luggage for ship.

For us the convenience is worth the higher price, including tips.

I was looking at some of the pre-cruise hotel options offered by NCL, and was wondering if anyone knew whether these are per person, or per room? For example, they're showing a Holiday Inn Times Square (NYC) room for $150, which seems like an excellent deal if it's per room but not quite as attractive if it's really $300 for the two of us. Thanks!

We stay at this hotel when we cruise out of NYC. We book it ourselves. Sometimes we've booked including breakfast. We no longer do that even as it is less expensive to just order off the hotel restaurant's menu and eat only what you want, particularlly if you remember within a few hours you'll have all the food you can eat available.:D

As with most NYC hotels, the rooms are lean toward being small but not cramped. You can walk to the pier from here if you choose, the cab ride, assuming no traffic jam at the pier is about $10.