Freedom of the Seas - "top" points you liked

Thanks! I'm assuming if I make reservations for 7 pm that will give us plenty of time to catch the later shows?

Probably most nights 7pm would be OK. However, sometimes there's only one show, typically the first night, and that will be between the two traditional times. Sometimes the show for late dining is during the early dinner..

You can have more than one entre. (I can't) JR does charge for Milkshakes. I wasn't found of the Crown and Anchor Benefit change. It use to be Gold and above got coupons that covered the "cover charge". I understand the reasoning behind it, but this was a coupon we used. They changed it to Buy one Milkshake, get one free, which we dont' use because we can't eat food and drink an entire milkshake ourselves.

I believe if you have the coupon for milkshakes, buy one get one, (or any milkshake purchase) you can get them TO GO without food and there is no cover charge. ALL food (after cover charge) is free but ANY drinks cost extra.

Not sure if I'm right or not but I would advise you to check your Royal Caribbean Calendar and make sure it shows that your Ice Show is booked.

I'm surprised that so far in advance they did that. Most people can't do it until 60 days ahead.....maybe things are changing but I would make sure it's written down somewhere that you can see.

The reservation generated a confirmation email that included a reservation #. I will print out the email and make sure I bring it with me I suppose......So I'm assuming then I really can't book other things (specialty restaurants, reserve MDR times etc ) until 60 days out?

Is there an outlet in the bathroom for a night light?

There's an outlet on the ceiling of the bathroom for an electric shaver. I don't know if it's orientation would permit a night light to be used.

The reservation generated a confirmation email that included a reservation #. I will print out the email and make sure I bring it with me I suppose......So I'm assuming then I really can't book other things (specialty restaurants, reserve MDR times etc ) until 60 days out?

Wow....I'm impressed. We had to wait 60 days. I think it's because they fear too many people make changes etc. I'm looking forward to the highly recommended Ice Show. They say to still get there early so you get a good seat. But only those with reservations get in before the other folks in line do so they get to choose the closer seats.

There's an outlet on the ceiling of the bathroom for an electric shaver. I don't know if it's orientation would permit a night light to be used.

Thanks Bob for all your help on these various posts. You certainly are an experienced traveler. I never knew there was an outlet in the ceiling. Is there enough counter space in the non-suite balcony rooms?

Thanks Bob for all your help on these various posts. You certainly are an experienced traveler. I never knew there was an outlet in the ceiling. Is there enough counter space in the non-suite balcony rooms?

I've been in balcony and JS staterooms on Freedom class, and the bathrooms in the balcony staterooms had decent counter space. They have storage areas on both sides of the mirror, so most of our stuff goes there.

We are cruising on FOTS the end of April. Does anyone know what times the below shows start? Is there only one show time, or two, as we have the late dining?

Love & marriage

Once upon a time

Quest

We did FOS in Sept and Once upon a time was on day 5 (Grand Cayman) at 7:00 and 9:00 Pm usually the big shows are that time it seems.

Love and Marriage-Day 4 (Falmouth) 10:30 PM

The Quest- Day 5 10:30 PM doors open at 10

I looked at my Old compasses and not sure if they change them for each cruise but i assume they stay pretty close. Make sure you make reservations before hand for the ice show!

I don't think it would support a nightlight but I'm not sure. The sign says shavers only.

I highly recommend bringing a battery operated LED light and leaving it on the bathroom counter at night. Or one of those battery tea lights.

Is there an outlet in the bathroom for a night light?

No we didn't have an outlet in any of the bathrooms only could find one above the desk so had to put light it in the bedroom which almost make it too bright!

You may want to bring an extension cord or one of those adapters you can plug in more than one thing if you have phones etc to charge.

We've found that leaving the bathroom light on and closing the door provides an adequate night light to find your way to the bathroom at night, although when you open the door at night the bright light flooding into the sleeping area may be a bit disconcerting to others in the room for the brief time the door is open.

All bathrooms on RCI ships that we have sailed on have an electric shaver outlet over the sink, but whether or not a night light will work in it when the bathroom light is not on, I do not know.

Can't help with the times, but Quest and Love & Marriage will only be once per cruise. Once Upon A Time will be performed twice on one evening. If you have traditional dining, then the show times will be convenient for both early and late dining.
Clarification: These shows may only be performed once . . . but they're repeated on your in-room TV over and over and over.

My husband has no great love of live shows. He much prefers to lie on his own bed, beer in hand, probably in his underwear watching the same show. No concerns about people saving seats, arriving on time, whatever. In my opinion, the ice show is a "must see" in person, but when you're talking about people on a stage, you're not losing a lot if you watch it from your cabin.

Easy night light options:

- Your in-room TV has a clock channel. It's just a plain black background with white numerals. You can adjust the "brightness" up and down, and it's in a perfect position to shine a bit of light on the bed and the pathway to the bathroom.

- This is great for kids: Bring along glow sticks. You can buy them at the dollar store, or you can order them from ebay. They provide a soft glow that provides just enough light for a child to take one into his bed. We started doing this with our kids on camping trips a long time ago, and they always loved it. If you want just a little more light, drop one into a cup of water, and the water will magnify the light.

Glow sticks are a great idea! We are on FOS for the first time in June and can't wait! My son & nephew are big craft beer fans. Does anyone know if there' s a way to see their beer menu? Thanks.

RCCL Beverages and beer list: Craft Type Beers in PUB

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

There is an outlet in bathroom in ceiling above vanity that works ONLY when the light is on. Only Oasis class have night light in bathroom. You can bring a battery operated light /fake candle or use a key chain type flashlight for late night potty trips.

Favorite quiet place to relax is deck 14 outside Queen of hearts . The patio deck is never used by anyone. You can relax, play cards or watch the sports courts. Usually nice rain or shine. Great place to gather (if you have someone go for beverages when you run dry).

We did FOS in Sept and Once upon a time was on day 5 (Grand Cayman) at 7:00 and 9:00 Pm usually the big shows are that time it seems.

Love and Marriage-Day 4 (Falmouth) 10:30 PM

The Quest- Day 5 10:30 PM doors open at 10

I looked at my Old compasses and not sure if they change them for each cruise but i assume they stay pretty close. Make sure you make reservations before hand for the ice show!

I just got off the FOS last Sunday and the 2nd and 3rd shows you mentioned were not offered. Once Upon A Time was shown like you said (same night and at 7 & 9). What was TheQuest and Love&Marraige ? They sound interesting. We had an illusionist (magician) named Drew Thomas. He was really cool! He was on AmericasGotTalent. I think his show was on night 3 or 4.

Royal~FreedomOfTheSeas 2014

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Inspiration 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

I wanted to add a few comments about the ice show:

*def book online as soon as it's available to reserve!

*you will not get tickets...you will have your Seapass cards swiped to confirm your reservation. So don't forget anyone's card/key when you line up!(everyone who is in your party who has a reservation needs their room key!!)

* line up early (like an hour-45min)

....we walked down those stairs about 40 min before show time and our jaws hit the floor! TOTALLY MOBBED with what seemed like a thousand passengers waiting for the ice rink doors to open! So we go to the back of the line and just stand there...FINALLY (about 15min before show time) they open the doors and 3-4 crew members stand at the doors scanning cards to confirm reservations...(I have to wonder if this is just formality and they let everyone in line just go on in bc I never saw anyone get refused...I could be wrong..it's just a thought)

Once you go in, you seat yourself. Obviously you're not getting in the front row unless you were number one in line but don't worry...every seat is a great seat. The skaters use the whole rink and the action is easily viewed from anywhere...no worries at all! UNLESS....you end up in the VERY back-most row of 'barstools'. So do everything in your power not to arrive to your reserved IceShow any later than thirty min prior. Especially if you have kids. They wouldn't be able to see AT ALL if they had to sit in that last row. We attended the 9pm show time on Friday (night 6) and not only was it 'sold-out', there were families standing in every open available spot..even sitting on the stairs in the aisles (dangerous fire safety hazard in my opinion but whatcha gonna do?)

The IceShow itself was AMAZING! Loved that one over all the entertainment for the week combined!!

Wish I could see it again and again!!

Royal~FreedomOfTheSeas 2014

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Inspiration 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

They wait until 10 minutes before show to open seating for people without reservations. Yes they do check. We have seen people turned away because of capacity but some people still like to block aisles because they are special and do not care about others. As long as they can see.

The Quest is the BEST show ever created. We saw our first one back in 1998.

It is an ADULT themed scavenger hunt Game Show. Depending on the ship and venue you break into teams depending on the area. On the Freedom they hold it in Studio B ( ice rink) . They break it into 9sections I believe. It is a riot if you join in or watch. LOve and Marriage is RCCL version of the newly wed game held in the theatre or other lounge. Contestants range from young newly wed to married 70 years.