Shuttle Suggestions - Home to Port of Miami

Sarah@Sea

Need shuttle recommendation that will pick up at a private residence in Doral area and drop off at Port of Miami.

I think Super Shuttle might, I still need to call and find out more details, online it was asking for flight time so yeah well no flight time that day. I am flying in the day before staying with friend who is unable to take me to the port due to work obligation. Staying at a hotel near port just isn't worth that expense, most are $200.

Any recommendations for shuttle services in Miami? Thanks in advance!

I have a rental car for my trip at the end of the month. Rental prices have really dropped in the couple months I've been looking (need to get from mia to hotel in fll). Maybe a car rental would be a better option. I'm dropping mine off right at port everglades (picking up at mia). Look on expedia for a quick comparison, then use rentalcodes.com for the direct discount codes.

If need be, can your friend either get you to an airport (either MIA or FLL) would work for a shared ride shuttle service. If they can't get you to either, maybe they can get you to the tri-rail station, which can get you to FLL or MIA for that shuttle.

A taxi runs $30-$35 plus tip from Doral to the port. That's perhaps $10 more than a shuttle that picks you up at your friend's home, but it would be faster, private, and run at your convenience.

No, they won't be able to get me anywhere, I sail on a Monday, the traffic/timing just will not work also, MIA is way to busy for me to want to deal with it, the time it would take to go and wait I could be at POM. Also, MetroRail/Metro Mover does not go all the way to the port I would not be able to walk from the station over the bridge to POM, no way no how.

A taxi runs $30-$35 plus tip from Doral to the port. That's perhaps $10 more than a shuttle that picks you up at your friend's home, but it would be faster, private, and run at your convenience.

Thanks! I wasn't sure what the rates were for taxi and would prefer private and direct...don't mind an extra $10 at all. Friend is able to pick up since I return on Saturday.

American shuttle has the concession at MIA and may be able to help.

I would also check with Larry's Limo, often suggested on these boards; they may be competitive with cab fare but a much nicer ride.

Super Shuttle will definitely take you from a residence to PortMiami. Paid $80 for private van from central Broward County to the port; was worth every penny and from Doral will cost less. To book online you can select PortMiami as your destination, for "flight time" (sic) just put a couple hours before sailing time; they will then assume you want to be at the port 60-90 min before then.

Edited by fishywood