Getaway Spa Question??

I've not been on either ship yet, but I saw this asked somewhere else I was reading today, and the answer was no. The spas on those two ships are entirely indoors. I wish I could find the post to direct you to the link, but with search not working...

Unfortunately, there are no outdoor area at the spa. The heated loungers and loungers with cushions are all inside, right in front of huge windows in the front of the ship. Very relaxing!!!!

Unfortunately, there are no outdoor area at the spa. The heated loungers and loungers with cushions are all inside, right in front of huge windows in the front of the ship. Very relaxing!!!!
I know a lot of people absolutely love that, but the idea of a heated lounge chair while vacationing in the Caribbean sounds so completely opposite of relaxing to me. It's seems bizarre that this is something popular. (I know I'm in the minority here.) If the spa offered lounge chairs in the sun with ice packs underneath to keep them cool, I'd consider them. Or maybe I'd consider heated chairs if I cruised in Antarctica. haha

I know a lot of people absolutely love that, but the idea of a heated lounge chair while vacationing in the Caribbean sounds so completely opposite of relaxing to me. It's seems bizarre that this is something popular. (I know I'm in the minority here.) If the spa offered lounge chairs in the sun with ice packs underneath to keep them cool, I'd consider them. Or maybe I'd consider heated chairs if I cruised in Antarctica. haha

When you get to be of a *ahem* certain age those loungers feel wonderful on your back and joints-- :)

When you get to be of a *ahem* certain age those loungers feel wonderful on your back and joints-- :)

you don't need to be of an *ahem* age for these loungers to feel wonderfull on your back and joints :)

Both me and my wife absolutely loved them during our caribbean Pearl cruise 2 years ago...and she was only 26 at the time :cool: :)

I hope someday NCL has another spa like Epic with outdoor seating or like RCCL and the spa has outside thermal pools or a solarium. Those are pretty cool.

NCL definitely needs to go back to the spa design on the Epic for future builds. We toured the Getaway spa and there is no comparison to the Epic. They would have to seriously drop the price to get me in there. Much smaller and no outside area. Plus, the veranda on the Epic is aft facing. Nothing like a nap on the day bed with the sound of the aft wake in the background. The only thing which tempted me in the Getaway spa was the Salt Room.

Weird enough in lots of people's eyes, I am not really a huge "spa person", but I will say that those 'heated' loungers are crazy comfortable. Quite frankly, there are a lot of 'outdoor' options on the Breakaway & Getaway and I really liked having the peaceful indoor setting, felt more private. I never quite 'got' the full salt room experience (I kept licking my lips, but nothing :p ). Even so, the steam rooms were great and the therapeutic water features were fantastic. Highly recommend.

NCL definitely needs to go back to the spa design on the Epic for future builds. We toured the Getaway spa and there is no comparison to the Epic. They would have to seriously drop the price to get me in there. Much smaller and no outside area. Plus, the veranda on the Epic is aft facing. Nothing like a nap on the day bed with the sound of the aft wake in the background. The only thing which tempted me in the Getaway spa was the Salt Room.

The saunas with the ocean views on Epic blows me away every time. I would love to see that again too. Epic still has the largest spa at sea.