Studio upgrade!!!!!!!

mrobstad

I love NCL and Cruise Critic and the whole world! Based on a recommendation on CC, I got my studio cabin upgraded to a balcony for $13 during Easter vacation week!! In a primo location! I love that NCL will upgrade you for price drops! I'm diamond on RCCL, but I may just become exclusive to NCL!

I love NCL and Cruise Critic and the whole world! Based on a recommendation on CC, I got my studio cabin upgraded to a balcony for $13 during Easter vacation week!! In a primo location! I love that NCL will upgrade you for price drops! I'm diamond on RCCL, but I may just become exclusive to NCL!

Wait, they upgraded you to a balcony from a studio with no extra single occupancy charge? Just $13!!!! That's awesome

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Good for you! Well done and enjoy that balcony!!!

Wow! I suspect this scenario rarely happens with the studios.

I need sunlight and the ability to open a window - it's the main reason I would never book a studio.

You may never want to go back to a studio after this experience. Either way - have a fabulous cruise!

Thanks! It's an awesome upgrade...a solo balcony for under $900 on a new ship during a prime week! I will miss having access to the studio lounge to find dinner companions, and I don't usually spend time in the room, but maybe that will change. He was actually looking into upgrading me yo a mini suite! On my February cruise, we were parked next to the RCCL Oasis, and it appeared that many balcony rooms were unoccupied. The clue is that they slant the chairs on the tables, and there were many like that, so maybe these mega ships have increased capacity enough that great deals are available!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by mrobstad

I think you still maybe able go to the studio lounge, when i was on the breakaway in the studios, they had a solo get together hour each day for anyone who was traveling alone to meet with others.

Enjoy your balcony

Last October, when I was on the Breakaway~~I went from a solo cabin to a balcony for $125.00 more (you are so lucky) and went to the Studio lounge every night to see what was going on~~between 5 and 6! Happy sailing! I will be on the Gem for 11-days in October! Just love the Breakaway!:)

RCCL does that also. On my last cruise with Allure of the Seas, due to the price drops. I was upgraded from Smaller Interior Stateroom, to Interior Stateroom, all the way to Balcony!!

Not only at no extra costs, but cheaper than what I originally booked.

That is amazing! It sounds like those airlines that booked peoples' round trip flights for $15. I hope that happens to me on future cruises when I plan on sailing solo.

Edited by DedeM

How did you accomplish this, I noticed the studios sold out on the week we are going but the other rooms have all dropped in price. We booked online so was there a special number?

Sissasmom on our roll call mentioned her mom got that upgrade, so I just called and asked! I had been watching the price of studios, the first catagory of cabins that NCL sells out.

I've never gotten an upgrade before, so I'm really excited! But I plan on attending the solo meets .