NCL OnBoard Booking Future Cruise

kurukthemal

We got off Sky yesterday and did not purchase these for the four of us. We are going on Breakaway in August in an S4 however thinking may book something for 2015 in a suite. Is there a timeframe for purchasing these once home and if so where would the $100 OBC be used. Thank you.

We got off Sky yesterday and did not purchase these for the four of us. We are going on Breakaway in August in an S4 however thinking may book something for 2015 in a suite. Is there a timeframe for purchasing these once home and if so where would the $100 OBC be used. Thank you.

That deal ($100 OBC) is available only onboard for the cruise you are on.

After you are back home, they have Welcome Back Rewards program where you will get $75 OBC for the cruise you book with the reward, apparently you should also get some kind of promotional email about this. You need to purchase within 45 days after the end of the cruise.

Terms and conditions here: http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/welcomebackrewards/terms

Order form here: https://www.formstack.com/forms/ncl-WelcomeBack

There should be a sticky on this posted at the top of the NCL board. This gets confusing because so many on here will continue to post that if you buy a future cruise credit you will receive a "free" $100 to spend as you wish, i.e. more booze/food etc.

View it this way:

If you prepay you DSC and don't spend another penny on the cruise, but do buy a future cruise reward. You bill will look like this:

Future cruise reward- $250

Credit- $100

Balance due- $150

You get off the ship after you pay $150. If you run around the ship and spend $100 (your perceived $100 on board credit), your final bill will be $250.

There is no "free" $100.

The $100 comes into play when you book your next cruise because the value when applied to a cruise is $250.

The good news is even before our upcoming Alaskan cruise, I have something to put on NCL's feedback form. They don't have to give 10% like DCL, but an easy 3-5% off next cruise would make it amazingly easy to understand. We hope to do Hawaii with NCL in 2015 and any discount would be great, so I will keep looking into it. Happy Saturday!

It's really very simple if you don't overthink it. Forget everything that you've read about OBC and think about the FCR this way:

You buy an FCR that has a face value of $250. The FCR is good as a deposit for a cabin (not per person but for the whole cabin) with the exception of higher-end suites that require a little on top of the FCR. When you book your next cruise, the FCR will serve as your deposit and will reduce your total expense for the cruise by $250.

You pay $150 for the FCR, which means that you're getting a $100 discount on the face value of the FCR.

That's it. Simple.

You are correct, but to clarify regarding deposits for suites: the 250 USD FCR can be fully applied as deposit, but in some situations a higher deposit is needed, also without FCR, and then you have to pay the extra on top of the FCR, of course.

Edited by Aladdin1968

• 2 months later...
Thanks for this thread. I am sailing NCL for the first time next March and this sounds like something to budget into so I can take my parents on a cruise.

Pam;)

If you are planning to have separate cabins, you can purchase 2 Freestyle Cruise Rewards and use one for each cabin. You can buy up to 4 FCR's per person. One FCR can be used for each cabin and is the full deposit unless booking a "upper level" suite.

Do you have to book through NCL or can you use this to book with an independent travel agent?

You are free to book with anyone you want. The FCR is in your Latitude account and you just have to tell your travel agent to use it for your deposit.

Usually the deposit for a regular cabin (not suite) is somewhere between $400 and $800 for two persons - but if you have a Cruise Reward you only need to use that as deposit (value $250), and the rest of the "normal" deposit is just added to your final payment. Only difference (at least in my own experience, and I have purchased in total at least a dozen of the Cruise Rewards) is like somebody stated earlier, IF you book a suite - then you have to pay the full deposit, and your Cruise Reward will only be a partial pay of the deposit (value $250).

The point being that you are able to make a cruise reservation with a much smaller deposit "payment" - like the $150 net that you actually paid for it counting as a full deposit instead of a regular deposit in the amount of $500 or $800 or.....). But the total difference in price for the cruise (when you add all payments including purchasing the Cruise Reward) will be $100 less if you have a Cruise Reward than if you don't)..... Personally I find it very convenient to have a Cruise Reward to use whenever I want to book a cruise - instead of paying a full deposit from my bank account or my credit card. :p

Edited by TrumpyNor

I bought my FCC on Pearl for $250. I got $100 OBC for the Pearl cruise. Last week I booked Jewel for Nov. and used the $250 for the deposit. Essentially it is like getting a gift of $100.

So to be clear, if I bought 4 FCR ($250x4) I'd get $100 x4 OBC, but I need to use each FCR on a different cruise or cabin on the same cruise - so one/cruise/cabin? I can't apply all $1000 to one cabin on one cruise?

Just being clear how this all works before I get on board.

Always ;-)

Hunzi

So to be clear, if I bought 4 FCR ($250x4) I'd get $100 x4 OBC, but I need to use each FCR on a different cruise or cabin on the same cruise - so one/cruise/cabin? I can't apply all $1000 to one cabin on one cruise?

Just being clear how this all works before I get on board.

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Yes, you have understood it 100% correctly. :p

The good news is even before our upcoming Alaskan cruise, I have something to put on NCL's feedback form. They don't have to give 10% like DCL, but an easy 3-5% off next cruise would make it amazingly easy to understand. We hope to do Hawaii with NCL in 2015 and any discount would be great, so I will keep looking into it. Happy Saturday!

I agree, it's not quite as good as the DCL onboard booking offer (10% off, 10% Reduced Deposit and $250 OBC on future cruise) but it's better than nothing. $100 is $100!

P.S. We are on the same Disney Fantasy Cruise in February! We have a group on FB...come join us!