Is this a deal?

I'm new to cruising and so I'm just starting to watch fares. I took advantage of the kids sale free and booked the Allure of the Seas, Aug 10th, western Caribbean, family ocean view, for $4800.

Would you consider that a deal?

Thanks!

I'm new to cruising and so I'm just starting to watch fares. I took advantage of the kids sale free and booked the Allure of the Seas, Aug 10th, western Caribbean, family ocean view, for $4800.

Would you consider that a deal?

Thanks!

How many in the stateroom?

That sounds very expensive to me but if your heart is set on the Allure and you are going at a prime time, that may be what you need to pay! We tend to travel on the "non-displacement of the seas" ships during off season and usually pay around $1500 for the two of us if we are in an ocean view.

What time of year are you going?

Lauri

My "deal" (7 night cruise) is under $1k per person w/2 people in a cabin. :rolleyes: My DH can not handle sharing a cabin with our teen DD.:p That extra bathroom is awesome! Now if my kids were younger, I would hope for under $800 per person with them in a balcony cabin with us. BUT these are MY idea of a "deal". Just FYI- I have paid $650 per person interior cabins on Freedom. It was still a pretty great cruise! :o

Edited by BLAMBKY

we too tend to go in off season. we booked explorer over Columbus weekend and before fees, only 2050. after taxes, port charges, insurance, and gratuities, 3100. we are 2 adults and one kid and it is a 9 nighter.

We usually cruise in August because I work in a school ( although we have snuck in 2 feb , presidents weekend cruises). The prices are higher in the summer months. I wish I could do off season months but I can't take "vacation days" and it's hard to take "sick" days and come back with a tan:eek:

Actually that doesn't sound too bad of a price. If it is for 4 it sounds like a good price.

I didn't see what type of room you booked. I booked Aug 30 a few weeks ago, due to the saving certificate offered for outside rooms. Outside rooms on deck 10 back then were 809 each (799 on lower decks). I received the 150 certificate, plus resident discount, plus onboard booking. Final cost with tax is $1380 for two. I booked a second room for my brother and his wife at the exact same cost. $2760 total with tax for 4. hard to beat

$4800 would be to much for me.

I didn't see what type of room you booked. I booked Aug 30 a few weeks ago, due to the saving certificate offered for outside rooms. Outside rooms on deck 10 back then were 809 each (799 on lower decks). I received the 150 certificate, plus resident discount, plus onboard booking. Final cost with tax is $1380 for two. I booked a second room for my brother and his wife at the exact same cost. $2760 total with tax for 4. hard to beat

$4800 would be to much for me.

Family ocean view for 5 people in August.

There are 5 of us. The 1st and 2nd cruise fares are almost $2300 each and 3-5 are $121 (taxes only). The invoice shows guests 3-5 as 'free'.

Since it's five, then less than $1000 per person in an oceanview balcony in August is a pretty good price.

How old are your kids? One bathroom for five people....................:eek:

Wait, is that a balcony cabin or not?

If it's not, then it's NOT a great price. You should be getting a balcony for that price.

JMO. :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Yes, I wish we had a second bathroom, but we'll have to all share for the week.

The room is an ocean view - no balcony.

The kids are all between 8 and 10 yrs old.

Edited by TwinsXTwo
Added room type clarification.

Hi OP...my family of 4 (myself, DH, DS (9) and DS (10) were booked in an D2 Oceanview Balcony for $6050 with $400 OBC (This was the rate with my husbands Police discount) for the August 3 sailing on the Allure. Last week, before the 3rd and 4th sail free, I changed our booking to TWO connecting Central Park Balcony rooms for $6200 (with $400 OBC)...for the extra bathroom and more space...I know the week of 8/3 was a little more than 8/10when I booked, but it sounds like a fair deal to me. Cruising in the summer definitely hurts the wallet, but being a teacher...I have no choice!

Yes, I wish we had a second bathroom, but we'll have to all share for the week.

The room is an ocean view - no balcony.

The kids are all between 8 and 10 yrs old.

When I've looked at summer rates before they have always been significantly higher so I think it sounds like an okay deal. We have shared a room and a bathroom with two kids before. It can be a pain but honestly totally doable. The kids are in and out really fast and sometimes we have them take their showers much earlier then they go to the Adventure ocean or go get a little snack together while I get ready in the room and my husband will hit the mens shower in the gym. I went to the women's shower in the gym last year as well and it was so much nicer than in the room. Just have a plan on how each evening will go when you shower up before dinner and you will be just fine. We just now after 4 cruises just got our kids their own room. It has always been the only downside of cruising but we basically use the room to sleep and we are out of there as much as possible.

When I have looked at summer cruises on Allure and oasis in the past without kids sail free the cheapest interior has always been well over 4K just for 4 of us so I do think you did well. Not a crazy good deal but good enough for the summer.

Debbie

I think 4800 is a good price. Just checked the oasis of the seas family oceanview sateteroom and was quoted 6300. For a regular oceanview with balcony for 4 we were quoted 5777. I think you are getting a good deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think 4800 is a good price. Just checked the oasis of the seas family oceanview sateteroom and was quoted 6300. For a regular oceanview with balcony for 4 we were quoted 5777. I think you are getting a good deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info!

If anyone else has done family room pricing, I'd be interested in what you found out too.

Hi, Our 1st cruise was in August 2012 on Freedom, family of 5, interior family stateroom, total was $6300. (We had an autism grant to help pay for this one)

2nd cruise was October 2013(Off season) on Freedom, family of 5, Promenade family stateroom, total was $3500.

We are sailing in December(Off season again) on Vision with "kids sail free", family of 5, outside family stateroom, total is $2300. Much smaller ship, however I did price Oasis for December with "kids sail free", interior family stateroom and it was $3500. Overall, you are getting a good deal, considering it is prime cruise season with kids and an outside stateroom. Would usually be over $6000...

We are now going off season to help with cost. If you can swing it, the cost can be cut in half.

Have a great time. You may become addicted! We did!---Even our nonverbal, autistic daughter(age 6) seems to love cruising!

We just booked a family oceanview on Freedom for this October. Came to $2900 for 5 of us and we got $120 in shipboard credit. That price includes all taxes, fees, and gratuities for a 7 day.

Wow! Super deal! Did you book directly through RCI?

Family oceanviews are generally significantly more expensive than regular cabins that hold 4. Cruiselines seem to really rake people over the coals for having a third child :(. We're a family of four sailing on Allure over Thanksgiving with KSF, in an interior for $2174. We have several families we are friends with who have three kids, and their cruise prices are always MUCH higher than ours. If you can cruise when kids are in school, you can likely get a much better deal than what you were quoted for August 10. You might also want to check some other ships. Liberty and Freedom seem to have some really good deals right now.