Caribbean Princess drydock May 2014

blue cow dog

I've dropped bags and going to board within 30 minutes... I still enjoy seeing the CB more than any other ship...

What they DIDN'T do in dry dock is freshen up the paint... The surface rust from the salt water and air still show... although that's easy enough to remedy.. so I am a little surprised they didn't take care of it in the obvious areas..

It's raining here, but that isn't going to dampen the ride...

More soon...

I've dropped bags and going to board within 30 minutes... I still enjoy seeing the CB more than any other ship...

What they DIDN'T do in dry dock is freshen up the paint... The surface rust from the salt water and air still show... although that's easy enough to remedy.. so I am a little surprised they didn't take care of it in the obvious areas..

It's raining here, but that isn't going to dampen the ride...

More soon...

I am so excited for you! Have a blast and share everything.

Well almost everything!

I'm hoping we got some new carpeting installed. Maybe wish for the new TV system. Although they can probably do that room by room while the ship is an operation. And maybe some upgrades around the terrace pool

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you aren't looking for problems, you won't notice any condition issues. It is a beautiful ship.;)

I agree. Its like the reviews on Tripadviser. I understand you want to get what you paid for but sometimes it seems that people are looking for problems.

hmmmm. No CC Members on this 1st cruise after Dry Dock?

There sure were. I had a thread about her post dry dock up by 8:30am.

That thread around here somewhere. Maybe Page 2 by now. But I'll say a lot of the wish list items TVs and etc) were not a part of the dry dock.

There sure were. I had a thread about her post dry dock up by 8:30am.

That thread around here somewhere. Maybe Page 2 by now. But I'll say a lot of the wish list items TVs and etc) were not a part of the dry dock.

I just did a review as I was on the cruise, & yes they did a lot of changes that you will find on the review.

Possible, but she seemed really in need of a dry-dock when we did a T/A in April 2013.

There wasn't anything that really stood out; she just seemed tired.

Did you dive underneath the ship, and/or inspect the engines and propellers?

Dry Dock exists for times when the line needs to work on the stuff that's usually wet, and therefore they put the ship into a space that can be pumped dry. Admittedly, they try not to waste the time that the ship is out of revenue service by also doing things above the waterline, but any of that (aside from major construction) could be done underway or in port.

Dry Dock exists for times when the line needs to work on the stuff that's usually wet, and therefore they put the ship into a space that can be pumped dry.

Usually, but not always. While I can't comment on the work below the water line, a cruise line will also pull a ship out of the water if the work they need to do make it non-revenue producing time. Yes, they were supposed to add new cabins. I am not sure if they did (we didn't go near that section)... There was new carpet in many locations... You can't really do that while underway. Several of the crew told me that the drydock time was a "every nook and cranny deep cleaning"... you can't do that while underway.... So pull the ship out of the water... Most of the crew only got 1 or 2 days off during the entire drydock.

As for the below the waterline work, I can say they didn't touch the hull paint (she needs it)... I do know that we did some extra thruster maneuvering while we were pulling out of the port, so she may have had some thruster work done, but that is a guess.