CONSTELLATION-just back

massedtuck

I too just got back from the four nighter on the Constellation. I thought it was great. However, I did not enjoy having to get up early on the Key West day for the customs thing. Also, all chairs around the pool and on deck 11 were taken up by 9:45 on the sea day. Very disappointed in that. Tuscan Grille was great.

If I want to get off first thing (8:00 am time in KW)- how soon should I try to get off boat/into customs? How long does customs take? Thanks for your help!

How was the age demographic? I expect Celebrity normally skews older, but on a 4 day perhaps a younger crowd?

We're going on a 5 day with our 20-something adult children, so I was wondering what the night life was likely to be like. The kids would like to see it go until dawn. DW would like to hear it dies down and everyone is in bed by 1am so she doesn't lie awake all night wondering what trouble they are getting in.;)

The S-Class ships use a 4-digit pin, but I think I remember the M-Class using a 6-digit pin for their safes, but I might be mistaken.

When we got to our room the first day, the safe was locked and we could not open it. We called our room attendant who called his boss and he used his card to swipe in the card reader and the safe popped open. We asked if we could use the seapass but he said that was only for staff to open safes. Guests had to use a pin.

It's been a couple years since I've been on an M-Class ship. Wondering if you recall there being a singer/guitar player performing at the Oceanview Bar?

It was one of our favourite places to hang out before/after dinner and really loved listening to the live music with the ocean in the background.

How was the age demographic? I expect Celebrity normally skews older, but on a 4 day perhaps a younger crowd?

We're going on a 5 day with our 20-something adult children, so I was wondering what the night life was likely to be like. The kids would like to see it go until dawn. DW would like to hear it dies down and everyone is in bed by 1am so she doesn't lie awake all night wondering what trouble they are getting in.;)

Your post made me laugh. In 2005, my lil brother and I shared a cabin with my parents (Celebrity 9 night Christmas/Hannukah/New Years) At the time I was 25 and he was 19. Most nights, I came in after my brother, around 5am. He normally came in around 4am. The last night, I was tired and came in around 4. My dad woke up and realized that I was in bed and my little brother was not so he put on jeans and went looking for him as he was worried since I had consistently been coming in later. He found him on the pool deck hooking up with a girl :P

To sort of answer your question about the nightlife. I have found it to be different on every Celebrity cruise I have taken. It was pretty crazy on that 9 night and also on a 10 night I went on with my best friend. The 5 night cruise we did had a decent night life but not as crazy as the other two (could have also been influence by who I was traveling with). It has seemed to me that the 7 night cruises seem to have the least amount of, but I really think it may be luck of the draw.

Our cruise had a wide variety of age levels. Very few youngsters, but lots of 20s-30s on up to fairly ancient (me). Reflections goes fairly late-we left at midnight and still going strong. Can't say what time it finally wrapped up.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's been a couple years since I've been on an M-Class ship. Wondering if you recall there being a singer/guitar player performing at the Oceanview Bar?

It was one of our favourite places to hang out before/after dinner and really loved listening to the live music with the ocean in the background.

Sunset Bar had a solo acoustic guy a few times, but only played about an hour set most times.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just returned from a very enjoyable cruise. Quite favorably impressed with our 1st time on Celebrity. I've posted a review which should be up eventually. In the meantime, happy to answer any questions.:)

Welcome back!!! Good to know you enjoyed your first Celebrity cruise. :):)

i am interested to know the status of Michael's Club on the Constellation. I see other posts it is changing to only being accessible to an exclusive group on other ships. Have any changes happened yet?

Hi smitty,

My understanding is the Michael's on Summit is due to be converted next, and most of the fleet, over the next month or two. Hope this helps !

To CaiteS: The customs thing only took about 10 minutes at the most. You are assigned a time to be in a specific spot. I am not sure what time they begin, but we were at 8.

Thanks Brooker!