Things just don't seem right with RCCL

First, let me say that I have seldom had a long wait time…may 10 minutes for the longest wait I've experienced.

Second, I've always talked with a real person. Sure, you go through a machine for the initial selections and punch a number or two, but after that it's always been a real person on the line. Have I just been lucky?

Thank you for posting! I totally agree with you. I've never had any issues with RCI - either on the phone or on-line. I don't think it's luck at all.

For quicker service, call C&A at 1-800-526-9723.

I've been trying to call Royal for a week now at all hours. Says high call volume and the wait time my exceed 15min. I just now tried C&A, someone must have gotten wise to that at RCCL because all I get is a busy signal now. Emailed two days ago as well. No response. Annoying.

That's exactly what I said without spelling out the name.... :D

My favorite?

When "Fellow Castmember Bob" (CEO for those who don't know) finally blew a gasket in November because of the complaints, massive cost overruns and delays. He flew to Florida to see, first hand, what wasn't working right. He was issued his own Magic Band.......it didn't work! Meltdown at the cashier at Mousegear was epic!

You think the IT folks could have made ONE magicband foolproof that day!

Yea, Royal has it's problems but there will be books written about how to NOT manage an IT rollout using Disney's magic bands/Fastpass system as an example.

FWIW, I was on the phone yesterday with C&A about a different matter, and the rep told me that apparently the KSF promotion wasn't set up so it only accepted just "Kids" who sail free, but would accept anyone who is booked as the third or fourth passenger in a cabin. Maybe the system crashed when they tried to fix that "loophole":o

It IS for any 3rd/4th passenger of ANY age.

Sorry........can't find the citation. But it's in the info sent to travel agents.

Hello! Hope everyone has been able to log on and do their thing now that the system is back up. I was on the line w/C&A this morning, booking a drink package over the phone (I feared that my rate would change based upon what I have been reading here if I tried to do it myself LOL), when the system crashed at that very moment. I provided the rep with my info, cc# etc...and asked for a booking invoice to be emailed when available. It all worked out about 5 hours ago, and I received my email just as promised.