Things just don't seem right with RCCL

We have a cruise booked for next month with RCCL. I have cruised Carnival a few times and RCCl twice. Well they have listed my 13 yr old grandson as my boyfriend in my cabin. I can overlook that as we booked 2 cabins. Mine for my daughter and I and the other for the 13 yr old and 16 yr old grandsons. We did get that straightened out but for some reason they wanted an additional $300.00...No way that was going to happen! Then we had trouble getting each of us into the right cabins and they wanted an additional $300.00 to change them and add additional room keys. Today I tried to print out our documents and I see our reservations are listed at $300.00? What? $300.00 seems to be their magical number! So am I entitled to this price? I don't want to take advantage of them but if that is the rate now, hey, what the heck? You can't call them, well I guess you could if you have lots of time, as the wait is HOURS and then you may not be able to talk with a real person! I tried emailing them, but so far that has failed. As I was looking thru our cruise records they wanted me, a 65 yr old grandma to sign waivers for the Flow Rider....Uh, no, I don't think I'll be riding that thing! Now, I can't even log in to our cruise. I could go on but this is enough. Anyone know what's going on with RCCL?

My TA advised me just moments ago that while he was on the phone with RCCL earlier this morning their system crashed. RCCL's IT department is currently working on the issue. I was told to check back later today.

Edited by xxoocruiser

My TA advised me just moments ago that while he was on the phone with RCCL this morning their system crashed. RCCL's IT department is working issue.

Ahhh, that would explain it. I was trying to add a drink package to my upcoming cruise, and the site couldn't pull up my reservation.

I have never seen a company the size of RCI that cannot keep their web site up and functional. The CEO needs to walk into that department and fire someone...then tell the others he wants the problems fixed immediately. Normally it only takes one, maybe two, "public executions" in a department to motivate the others.

They can't be concerned about losing talent...because the people that have apparently are not talented enough to get the job accomplised.

We have a cruise booked for next month with RCCL. I have cruised Carnival a few times and RCCl twice. Well they have listed my 13 yr old grandson as my boyfriend in my cabin. I can overlook that as we booked 2 cabins. Mine for my daughter and I and the other for the 13 yr old and 16 yr old grandsons. We did get that straightened out but for some reason they wanted an additional $300.00...No way that was going to happen! Then we had trouble getting each of us into the right cabins and they wanted an additional $300.00 to change them and add additional room keys. Today I tried to print out our documents and I see our reservations are listed at $300.00? What? $300.00 seems to be their magical number! So am I entitled to this price? I don't want to take advantage of them but if that is the rate now, hey, what the heck? You can't call them, well I guess you could if you have lots of time, as the wait is HOURS and then you may not be able to talk with a real person! I tried emailing them, but so far that has failed. As I was looking thru our cruise records they wanted me, a 65 yr old grandma to sign waivers for the Flow Rider....Uh, no, I don't think I'll be riding that thing! Now, I can't even log in to our cruise. I could go on but this is enough. Anyone know what's going on with RCCL?
Never knew RCL had a category listed for "BOYFRIEND", just saying....:eek:

For quicker service, call C&A at 1-800-526-9723.

Their "Kids sail free" promotion seems to have caused an unprecedented amount of volume to an IT system that was problematic under a normal volume of traffic. Seems like neither the government or the private sector can design foolproof IT systems. Fortunately the private sector does a better job though, and the problems are not catastrophic.

That's what the lady that took my call said..."We have him listed as your boyfriend." I thought it was funny at the time. We had to list an adult in each cabin with a child, when we booked, but his age is listed at 13. We have that part straightened out but, at this time I can't print out documents. Yikes, I hope this all goes well and they let "me and my boyfriend" onboard!

I had the same problem with the price going up this week when I went online to pay my balance. It had gone up over $1,300.00. I called and waited on hold for over 50 minutes but I'm happy to say that everything has been straightened out. The agents are very nice and fixed everything. As far as waivers, you are NOT required to complete,them, it's only an option, so don't worry.

I will say that I haven't had any issues with their website that are any worse than another travel giant that starts with D and ends with Y. Now THEY could benefit from a new IT department.

I have never seen a company the size of RCI that cannot keep their web site up and functional. The CEO needs to walk into that department and fire someone...then tell the others he wants the problems fixed immediately. Normally it only takes one, maybe two, "public executions" in a department to motivate the others.

They can't be concerned about losing talent...because the people that have apparently are not talented enough to get the job accomplised.

Hubby works for Disney by way of ABC in NYC.

I know Royal's system can be frustrating, we have recently run into a problem which took 3 calls to Revenue Management to resolve.

Having said that, nobody, absolutely nobody has worse IT than Disney. In their case they just refuse to invest the $$$ to do it the right way. Take a look at the DISboards and read about the Magic Band/Fastpass mess over there. $1.5 billion and they still cannot make it run smoothly.

I'm not a big Royal defender. They have made some recent changes which do not make my Jim and I so happy, but they haven't fallen on the "stupid stick" like Disney.........yet.

Nothing certain why you think calling C&A will provide quicker service as they work off the same system that has crashed. :confused:

You are correct, and I had no idea that their system had crashed when I posted. However, for general questions about a booking that has been booked direct with RCI, calling C&A will always get you a quicker response than going through 1-800-327-6700.

Nothing certain why you think calling C&A will provide quicker service as they work off the same system that has crashed. :confused:

She says that calling C&A will provide quicker service because hold times on the C&A line are generally MUCH shorter than on the general reservations lines. As in this from the OP:

You can't call them, well I guess you could if you have lots of time, as the wait is HOURS and then you may not be able to talk with a real person!
Edited by LetsGetWet!

The problems have been bountiful lately. I am now getting worried since I have printed my set sail nor luggage tags for my upcoming cruise! I think as soon as I see the website is back up and running I will print print print!!!!

She says that calling C&A will provide quicker service because hold times on the C&A line are generally MUCH shorter than on the general reservations lines. As in this from the OP:

With all do respect did anyone actually read the OP's post completely ? OP specifically asked "Anyone know what's going on with RCCL?. Refer back to post # 2 which I replied "My TA advised me just moments ago that while he was on the phone with RCCL earlier this morning their system crashed. RCCL's IT department is currently working on the issue. I was told to check back later today"

No need to tell me how C&A can provide quicker service as it means nothing at the moment to the OP , or anyone else for that matter, as the entire RCCL system has crashed. Don't believe me ? Try calling C&A for yourself and listen to how they'll tell you they can't do anything until the system has been restored.

Have a nice day .

With all do respect did anyone actually read the OP's post completely ? OP specifically asked "Anyone know what's going on with RCCL?. Refer back to post # 2 which I replied "My TA advised me just moments ago that while he was on the phone with RCCL earlier this morning their system crashed. RCCL's IT department is currently working on the issue. I was told to check back later today"

No need to tell me how C&A can provide quicker service as it means nothing at the moment to the OP , or anyone else for that matter, as the entire RCCL system has crashed. Don't believe me ? Try calling C&A for yourself and listen to how they'll tell you they can't do anything until the system has been restored.

Have a nice day .

WOW. somebody is not having a good day!:(

FWIW, even with your response which was the second post in this thread, my response was letting "anyone" know that calling C&A will get you a quicker response time, even when the system is up and working correctly, and was not specific to the OP's current situation.

FWIW, even with your response which was the second post in this thread, my response was letting "anyone" know that calling C&A will get you a quicker response time, even when the system is up and working correctly, and was not specific to the OP's current situation.

FYI having a perfectly good day !

Yikes, agreed! :o

UMMM there's this big company called the US Government that had a little "glitch" recently. LOL

Still, I totally agree about the RCI site. IT is definitely NOT their strongpoint.

Edited by JohnGaltny

First, let me say that I have seldom had a long wait time…may 10 minutes for the longest wait I've experienced.

Second, I've always talked with a real person. Sure, you go through a machine for the initial selections and punch a number or two, but after that it's always been a real person on the line. Have I just been lucky?

Edited by beachnative

First, let me say that I have seldom had a long wait time…may 10 minutes for the longest wait I've experienced.

Second, I've always talked with a real person. Sure, you go through a machine for the initial selections and punch a number or two, but after that it's always been a real person on the line. Have I just been lucky?

I agree that you always eventually get to a live person after going through the touchpad menu. But if you've never waited on hold longer than 10 minutes, then you're very lucky indeed!

Glad to know last night i tryed to book a shore excursion and it was slow i though it was my internet. Then i tried to book it again at work and no luck. Hopefully they get this up and running soon. I for one will print all my docs ASAP once i am able too.