ipad/electronics

megann831

We're bringing our almost 2 year old and just turned 4 year old on a cruise next month. We'd like to have something they can watch some of their favorite shows on in the room or at dinner (not something I normally do but I just want things as stress-free as possible). We have a leap pad with some downloaded , but its old and doesn't always work. We wont have access to the internet. Is there anything we can download before we go that they can watch shows or movies on while at see?

Any Of the android devices and iPad will allow you to do this in advance. I have more experience w iPad and it works great for long flights etc. you can buy headphones and a splitter so they can share

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, we got our 3 year old daughter a samsung galaxy tab 3 for Xmas and she loves it, you can drag & drop movies/shows onto a micro sd card and that goes into the tablet so the movies are stored on the sd card and you don't need internet to watch them. There is also tons of games for kids that you can download too. I think there are a few sizes available but we got the 7" and it's just the right size for small hands to hold, I think you can currently get them on amazon for around £120. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Any Of the android devices and iPad will allow you to do this in advance. I have more experience w iPad and it works great for long flights etc. you can buy headphones and a splitter so they can share

Can you recommend an app? I know some of them only work when you have internet connection so I'm worried about downloading the wrong thing. They like disney jr and nick jr

Gosh there are so many that were great at that age. Search educational on the ap store and you'll see what I mean. Most of them at that age do not require a connection. At 6 my ds takes me into minecraft and I regret the day as

I type I hear the music in the background, lol.

We have the amazon instant video app downloaded on our iPads. If u are a member of amazon prime, there are free videos you can access with wifi. But you can also purchase to download onto your amazon instant video app. It takes quite a bit of memory of yr ipad depending on how many videos/shows u download, so make sure u have an ipad with lots of memory.

If you have an iPhone and are on land with good connections, either 4g or wifi, PBS kids can occupy them. Can't download/save but it works in a pinch if yr in the US.

You can also rent movies in the iTunes Store to download and play later but I believe they expire 24 hrs after you start it.

For those that have Dish the iOS version of the app now allows to to download shows that are on your DVD to view at a later time. This is a pretty new feature, the latest update of the app. I've tried it out a couple of times and love it.

We have the amazon instant video app downloaded on our iPads. If u are a member of amazon prime, there are free videos you can access with wifi. But you can also purchase to download onto your amazon instant video app. It takes quite a bit of memory of yr ipad depending on how many videos/shows u download, so make sure u have an ipad with lots of memory.

If you have an iPhone and are on land with good connections, either 4g or wifi, PBS kids can occupy them. Can't download/save but it works in a pinch if yr in the US.

You can also rent movies in the iTunes Store to download and play later but I believe they expire 24 hrs after you start it.

This is what we did. Purchased a few episodes of his favorite show thru Amazon, and then downloaded them onto the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Can you recommend an app? I know some of them only work when you have internet connection so I'm worried about downloading the wrong thing. They like disney jr and nick jr

Our son loves a app called Bugs and Bubbles and Bugs and Buttons. Both work without access to Internet.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We used an app called vdownload plus for our iPad which allowed us to download YouTube videos and watch them later with no Internet connection. It was a lifesaver for us and our two yr old daughter. Would highly recommend it !

On the I Pad we went to the App store and downloaded some series' from Disney Junior like special agent iso, doc mcstuffins and jungle junction. Ideal for them to watch when you are trying to get ready for dinner etc. There is also an app called finger paint which is free and is like an etch a sketch type thing. You can also download movies on the app store for them too.

We downloaded a few favorite shows and games that didnt need wifi and deleted the things that needed wifi so he wasnt going to them over and over wanting them to work. It worked out great. Only thing to watch out for is how much memory space the videoes take up. It fills up pretty fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you have travelled already, but my kids are 2 and 4. Here are some of their favorite apps not requiring wifi:

Monkey's Lunchbox

Peekaboo Wild (and Peekaboo Farm)

Endless ABC

Lazoo Zoo

Anything by Duck Duck Moose

Hope that helps!