Rodeway Inn Cruise Port Fort Lauderdale

satxdiver

This property is a tired old two story motel - no elevators! Rooms are all the old style outside access and are small. Cleanliness is not a virtue here! They charge $10/day to leave your car in their unprotected lot. The motel is located 3 miles from the port in an old industrial looking area. The manager/stalig commander barks out orders on the PA system that can be heard at high volume all over the property to the guests. Do what you are told and you will be fine.

My advice is run the other way. Unfortunately after checking it out on TripAdvisor we stayed here last month the night before we sailed on the Royal Princess. I later found out the manager challenges all negative reports to get them removed while submitting excellent reports using many different names.

This property is a tired old two story motel - no elevators! Rooms are all the old style outside access and are small. Cleanliness is not a virtue here! They charge $10/day to leave your car in their unprotected lot. The motel is located 3 miles from the port in an old industrial looking area. The manager/stalig commander barks out orders on the PA system that can be heard at high volume all over the property to the guests. Do what you are told and you will be fine.

My advice is run the other way. Unfortunately after checking it out on TripAdvisor we stayed here last month the night before we sailed on the Royal Princess. I later found out the manager challenges all negative reports to get them removed while submitting excellent reports using many different names.

This hotel gets horrible reviews on this board from the locals.

Yes....run away from this hotel. We were booked here for a one-night pre cruise stay in March 2013.

When we arrived at the hotel there were dirty towels still in the bathroom and an unpleasant surprise in the toilet.

Needless to say we left in a hurry. We went back to the front desk and they did give us our money back. We ended up staying Dania Beach

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed there in Feb 2012. I wrote a bad review and he kept bugging me and took down my review and i kept reposting it. I know alot of the reviews on there are fake. Some are true I am sure. But i wouldnt stay there again even if it was free. You are too far from everything.

Its like that song by Pink Floyd "Run like #$@#"

Everyone when doing your pre cruise hotel, always research it. Sometimes paying a few extra dollars in the long run, will save you a headache

Edited by trev71

We had the opposite experience. Stayed there last month with some friends pre-cruise. We had a stay/park/cruise package. We were able to pick our rooms. We chose near the pool on the first floor since there were no elevators. Rooms were spotless. Pool was great for swimming or just sitting outside under the palm trees. Every employee we met was very nice and helpful. Parking during our 11 day cruise was included as was the shuttle to and from the ship.

Try Holiday Inn Expresses, Fairfield, Cambria, Crowne Plazaand Comfort Inn Stirling Rd for packages. Springhill might still include parking and shuttles in their regular rate. Fewer and fewer hotels are including this in the rate so it is normal now to have to pay for a package.