What was your first Carnival ship?

christmas

Ecstasy out of Long Beach in 2002. Such happy memories. Took my DMIL (really!)on her first and only cruise before she passed away.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

We have been on nine cruises and the first was the Glory. Our 10th cruise will be on the Glory again on July 19th. I love the deck plans of the Glory and the other in the same class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by LTS1960

My first Carnival ship was the Pride.

Before that, I'd cruised with Holland America Line. I love HAL's elegance and class. But I had to admit after a 7-day on the Pride that it was a lovely ship. Slightly rowdier crowd than on HAL, which I don't like, but honestly, no one ever really bothered me. There were parts of the ship set up for the "party" crowd and I'm glad they had their thing to do. There were plenty of nice areas for quiet types like me. Overall, I rated the experience about on-par with HAL.

After that, I went back to HAL.

Last year, my wife and I cruised on the Glory out of Norfolk, and we really fell in love with Carnival on that one. The layout of the Conquest-class is so perfect. It has good venues for the extroverted party types who want a DJ and a hot tub, as well as nice quiet areas for us introverted folks who want to lay down on a deck chair and read a book in silence. The food was better than any cruise I'd been on, and the service was fantastic.

After that, we booked cruises on the Liberty (this August 22) and the Splendor (October 23, 2015). Can't wait!!!