Princess - first cruise so can I. ??

cjc3008

Hi

I love my early morning cup of tea so can I get one on the ship or should I bring tea bags and just find hot water.

What free drinks are available?

Do people decorate cabin doors I know magnets would have to be used.

Like many other first timers I am grateful for help as I am taking a TA to begin

So know I will need to learn more from this board

Thankyou

You will find tea (iced and hot) and coffee available 24 hours a day at the buffet and via room service. No charge, but a buck or so tip will be appreciated if you get room service. The are also available in all the dining rooms when they are open.

Other free beverages:

Juice with breakfast

milk with all meals

water

A few decorate their door, but most do not. Doors (and cabin walls) are metal so magnets will stick.

Hi

I love my early morning cup of tea so can I get one on the ship or should I bring tea bags and just find hot water.

What free drinks are available?

Do people decorate cabin doors I know magnets would have to be used.

Like many other first timers I am grateful for help as I am taking a TA to begin

So know I will need to learn more from this board

Thankyou

assuming Princess does not have kettles in the cabins, there will be hot tea/water available at the buffet pretty much 24/7. if you have a specific brand you prefer, bring it.

RS, the hot water comes in the same carafes that coffee does so there is the aftertaste

Included in the price: plain coffee, tea, (hot and cold), lemonade. maybe some flavored water. at breakfast from concentrate juice( fresh squeezed OJ will cost) milk(glasses in MDR, cartons in the buffet)

I personally do not decorateI don't want to waste the luggage space. some people do to celebrate stuff, others to make it easy to find their door staggering home at 2 am.

No kettles in Princess cabins.

Hot water via room service or from the buffet is not hot enought to make decent tea, in my opinion.

For decent tea you will need to go the International Cafe to get it, or ask them for hot water. I would take a travel mug/flask to transfer the hot water into (they will not fill your own flask).

If you are a coffee drinker then get the coffee card. this gives unlimited brewed coffee, 15 specialtity coffees, and free tea.

Thankyou for answering. I am not a big coffee drinker but do occasionally enjoy a speciality one so will look into the card to see if it is worthwhile for me.

I will also take your tip to bring an insulated mug.

Appreciated

As Swiss Dave's post, no kettles in the cabin on Princess (and bringing your own on any cruise ship is a definite no-no).

Can't wait for room service, too mean to buy a coffee card, and the free coffee on-tap at drinks stations is like mud on every ship I've sailed.

So I bring my own instant coffee & use the hot water from the drinks station tap (can't understand Spookwife's reference to carafes), or use the sachets of decaff available at drinks stations on some ships, or drink tea.

But the tea again by using the teabags/hot water at drinks stations. Room service brings a jug of warm water & teabags, rather than a "pot of tea". And sometimes with a slice of lemon rather than milk. America is so un-refined :D

Have tried bringing a thermos & filling it with hot water last thing at night for an early-morning cuppa. But frequently forgot my nightly duties. So I just head for the drinks station first thing in the morning (can't send 'er-indoors first-thing cos she'd frighten the crew ;) )

JB :)