Downgraded

pieshops

We are set to sail on the jade 10 day Europe cruise in December.

We have been booked for a while but I was quickly realizing that there is no way i am going to afford this as we were booked in a 2 bedroom suite ( me and wife and 2 kids going).

So I downgraded to 2 inside cabins and now looking ore realistic that we can go.

Then a week later I find that flying I to Milan will save us 2900 dollars for the 4 of us.

So I guess downgrading was a food omen, we are now certainly going as we have saved a ton of money, a little sad not in the suite but happy we are able to go.

The air fare and overnight hotels in Spain and or Italy is what keeps me from booking a Med. cruise.

I would have no reservations against a inside cabin if I could get reasonable air/hotel.

Someone on the Italy board told us to check flights into Milan instead of into rome. The cost into Milan round trip non stop from jfk on alitalia was 630 per person as compared to 1400 into rome with a stop using multiple airlines. You can barely fly to California for 600 bucks.

The train to rome is about 3 hours and about 70 bucks. Well worth the savings.

We are set to sail on the jade 10 day Europe cruise in December.

We have been booked for a while but I was quickly realizing that there is no way i am going to afford this as we were booked in a 2 bedroom suite ( me and wife and 2 kids going).

So I downgraded to 2 inside cabins and now looking ore realistic that we can go.

Then a week later I find that flying I to Milan will save us 2900 dollars for the 4 of us.

So I guess downgrading was a food omen, we are now certainly going as we have saved a ton of money, a little sad not in the suite but happy we are able to go.

I wouldn't call this downgraded! Vacations are always better with less stress. Now you won't have to worry when your children want souvenirs!

One of the high speed trains from Milan stops in Civitavecchia so if you are not planning on staying in Rome you can go right to the port, maybe stay overnight there if you want.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know which train?

Someone on the Italy board told us to check flights into Milan instead of into rome. The cost into Milan round trip non stop from jfk on alitalia was 630 per person as compared to 1400 into rome with a stop using multiple airlines. You can barely fly to California for 600 bucks.

The train to rome is about 3 hours and about 70 bucks. Well worth the savings.

th?id=HN.608040263923141657&w=221&h=174&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

We did this cruise last March with our 2 children. It is the most fantastic cruise. The best we have ever done. All of us fell in love with the Jade. We became so fond of her and loved everything about her. We would go ashore at every port but loved coming back to her. Our kids would say "Lets go back to the Blue Lagoon for some Buffalo Wings". We have created some of our best family memories on this cruise. Every evening for sailaway we would go up to the Spinnaker, buy a cocktail or a bucket of beer (the kids had their soda cards), sit in the front corner seats and watch coastline as we sailed away. The sun was usually just setting and I'll remember those evenings for the rest of my life. It became our little "thing" and we had the best chats.

Thats what its all about...making those memories. We didnt have a 2 bed suite either(would have loved one) but as long as you are together thats all thast matters.

Make sure the kids( if they are of that age) do the circus . We were so proud of ours up in the big stage performing. The theatre was full of adoring parents!!!

We founds the food excellent and there is no need to spend extra on the speciality restaurants unless you want to splurge one night.

Rome is so expensive with kids (ice cream etc) that I would avoid if possible.

Hope you have a wonderful family holiday.

We did this cruise last March with our 2 children. It is the most fantastic cruise. The best we have ever done. All of us fell in love with the Jade. We became so fond of her and loved everything about her. We would go ashore at every port but loved coming back to her. Our kids would say "Lets go back to the Blue Lagoon for some Buffalo Wings". We have created some of our best family memories on this cruise. Every evening for sailaway we would go up to the Spinnaker, buy a cocktail or a bucket of beer (the kids had their soda cards), sit in the front corner seats and watch coastline as we sailed away. The sun was usually just setting and I'll remember those evenings for the rest of my life. It became our little "thing" and we had the best chats.

Thats what its all about...making those memories. We didnt have a 2 bed suite either(would have loved one) but as long as you are together thats all thast matters.

Make sure the kids( if they are of that age) do the circus . We were so proud of ours up in the big stage performing. The theatre was full of adoring parents!!!

We founds the food excellent and there is no need to spend extra on the speciality restaurants unless you want to splurge one night.

Rome is so expensive with kids (ice cream etc) that I would avoid if possible.

Hope you have a wonderful family holiday.

Thanks so much for the reply, i agree its being together or in our case in separate inside cabins ( kind of even better lol) We love cruising and love NCL and were so sick of the caribbean itineraries, we are so so looking forward to Europe especially Turkey. And we will be in Rome for Christmas, an extra bonus.