Pays to live in Florida.

debwebwall

We are going on the Imagination in September with very good friends that live in Florida (we live in Connecticut) - they called on Saturday to tell us that they had called in their final payment and found that they had received an $80 onboard credit - so of course I called and wanted to know whey I hadn't received it - it's because they live in FLORIDA - oh well - that's the way it goes I guess.

We are going on the Imagination in September with very good friends that live in Florida (we live in Connecticut) - they called on Saturday to tell us that they had called in their final payment and found that they had received an $80 onboard credit - so of course I called and wanted to know whey I hadn't received it - it's because they live in FLORIDA - oh well - that's the way it goes I guess.

They have to fill the ships somehow.. and what a better way then with the people that live right there with wonderful discounts!!! Sometimes I say I wish I lived there and then I smack myself and SAY NO I love 4 Seasons!!! :) Plus it is a vacation once maybe twice a year.. not just an everyday ohhh let's go on a Cruise honey kinda vacation... JMHO...

I'd take the heat any day. I love winter and all that comes with it...

But give me a beach and sunshine over killing myself on the ski slopes...

:)

A cheap cruise and an on board credit ... I'll take it..

I'd take the heat any day. I love winter and all that comes with it...

But give me a beach and sunshine over killing myself on the ski slopes...

:)

A cheap cruise and an on board credit ... I'll take it..

Living in Miami sometimes I do wish we could have winter. :D

But I can appreciate the cruise discounts and the fact the port is 15 mins. from my house. :D :p

I live in Fla how did your friends get a credit for living in FL

If you have a cruise booked call CCL and ask if there are any discounts available for Florida residents. They DO NOT always run this promotion but it never hurts to ask. :)

As long as you bring the booze I'll provide the rest. :D

September 24th, I'll be there. Didn't plan I buying booze untill I got to Miami anyhow. Meet me at the airport. I'll buy all the booze, not a problem :D

Come on y'all! Admit it, all you guys that say you like having four seasons are just trying to justify to yourselves 5 months of frigid temps and shoveling snow!:D

JUST KIDDING!!! Don't flame!

:::::::::::::running for cover:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:cool:

September 24th, I'll be there. Didn't plan I buying booze untill I got to Miami anyhow. Meet me at the airport. I'll buy all the booze, not a problem :D

Great!!! Sounds like a plan!!!

(*Thank goodness I wont need to use my fake ID, again, to purchase booze*) :p

Come on y'all! Admit it, all you guys that say you like having four seasons are just trying to justify to yourselves 5 months of frigid temps and shoveling snow!:D

Couldn't have said it better myself, BlueHerons. :)

I grew up in Iowa. I knew right off they were lying through their teeth. :D

(go ahead flame me, I can take it) ;)

A friend of mine who lives in Winter Springs got a screaming deal last May on a last-minute FL resident cruise. Lucky soul... He said that he got a brochure in the mail from Carnival offering the discounts. You had to be semi-flexible in your cruising dates, but the offer was too good to pass up. (Sorry, I never saw the flier, so I don't know what exactly was offered.) But he and his family did have a great time.

Is it any wonder that I'm itching to move to the Tampa area? Living in Iowa, I've had enough of the "four seasons" to last me a lifetime. :D

I wouldn't be real keen on having to pay to replace my lawn furniture, my ROOF, or damage to my car when it gets hit during hurricane season. :eek:

MamaParrotHead, our roofs are built to withstand 120 mph winds, your lawn furniture sure as heck better be secured, and hurricanes do a tremendous amount of damage well inland. Just look at what the last one did in Atlanta which is several hundred miles from the ocean.

I wouldn't be real keen on having to pay to replace my lawn furniture, my ROOF, or damage to my car when it gets hit during hurricane season. :eek:

Who leaves their lawn furniture outdoors during a hurricane?????? You stick it in the garage. Our roofs are rating for 120 MPH winds. We have hurricane shutters that come down for the storms, and your car... well you have more of a chance of getting in an accident going to the grocery store than getting vehicle damage during a hurricane. Guess you better start walking to the grocery store now huh?

Here in Kansas we have two seasons HOT and COLD :D

My cousin who grew up with me in Iowa moved to Minnesota and always jokes we have FOUR seasons here:

Winter

Winter

Winter

Road Repair

:D :D :D

JUST KIDDING!!! Don't flame!

:::::::::::::running for cover:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:cool:

Are you kidding, this is what Christmas is supposed to look like

laurentides_112418h24_p.jpg

another thing that would prevent me from moving to FL...PALMETTO BUGS. no matter what you call them, they are large, flying cockroaches. :eek:

Right there with ya. We have those things and they are henious. No matter how clean your house, you have them. Impossible to not have them.

Right there with ya. We have those things and they are henious. No matter how clean your house, you have them. Impossible to not have them.

It depends where in Florida you live.... they are not an issue on the West coast of Florida. Our house is very sealed up here, and we do not see them at all. Then again, I am bug a phobic, so that may be part of it.

It depends where in Florida you live.... they are not an issue on the West coast of Florida. Our house is very sealed up here, and we do not see them at all. Then again, I am bug a phobic, so that may be part of it.

Palmetto Bugs are indiginous to the entire state of Florida. Maybe you have a really good bug man?

Archived