Premier Parking Garage Miami- can you walk to port?

never bee to Port of Miami huh?

well you ARE computer savvy we see, since you asked here, so I'd encourage you to use Google Earth or something similar and look at the entrance to POM

There is ONE bridge for cruise, pedestrian and CONTAINER/FREIGHT traffic. From Biscayne to the port side foot of the bridge is approx 3/4 of a mile.

The cruise port is not set up for walking arrivals .... it can be done, but they are not set up for it.

Editorial comment. I made port calls to POM more than once and the crew had liberty. I did NOT want them walking that bridge. I (the ship on my OK) paid for a van to take them back and forth from the ship to a location close to bus and Metro stops . . . just to keep them off that bridge.

P.S. I would not use premier parking either .... been there, did that and won't go back. Miami is NOT the best place for off site cruise parking. Read the MANY comments here. I'll agree they are split 50/50 'tween horror stories and GREAT. But IMO 50/50 isn't winning odds and my persn'l experience sends me back to parking at the port or someplace I KNOW and TRUST (possible when you lived there for 12 years)

I have found the site for the Premier Parking garage in Miami. It says a mile from the port. It also says only one shuttle and it can take 4 people at a time. Wondering if you can walk from the parking garage over the bridge to the port??? We will each have one rolling suitcase. thanks

Many negative reports on here by those who had very bad experiences with Premier......:eek:

I would park at the port based on the good advice received here!!

Thanks for the info. It has been about 10 years since we have cruised out of Miami. In the old days we took a cruise bus from Jacksonville to the port. I think we will just park at the Marriott Miami Airport complex where we are staying pre cruise and take a cab............it ends up being about $60 cheaper than parking at the port (Parking and cab/tip).....as it is a set amount they say to take a cab. That way we can get on the ship early and and will have minimal wait when we get off the ship.

There is a good ramp parking at 1415 NE 2nd Ave. run by Premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net . They are not the "Premier Parking" that gets the bad reviews, we have tried both. The ramp is about a mile away, don't try walking, just drop off the group with their bags and have the driver take the free shuttle solo. It's $8-9 per day depending on season.