Omelette station

scubaman

As mentioned above, yes they have the egg whites at the omlette station. If you want to keep the omlette as healthy as possible, make sure you tell them not to put too much oil in the pan. The omlettes tend to be on the oily side. You can also load it up with a variety of vegetable they have on offer.

You can also request egg whites in the MDR. :cool:

As mentioned above, yes they have the egg whites at the omlette station. If you want to keep the omlette as healthy as possible, make sure you tell them not to put too much oil in the pan. The omlettes tend to be on the oily side. You can also load it up with a variety of vegetable they have on offer.

You can also request egg whites in the MDR. :cool:

I had an omelet only twice on our last cruise because they were indeed quite oily. I noticed the cook only sprayed the pan with Pam, I didn't see any other oil used. I use Pam at home to make eggs and they are never oily like that. I don't get it.

I did see the omlette cooks put a small ladle of oil into the pan before cooking the omlette. Perhaps when they were cooking your omlette, there was enough residue oil from a prior cooking. Does anyone know if they use a clean pan after each use or do they just wipe it out. Not sure.

I also use Pam at home and my eggs do not come out oily.

I did see the omlette cooks put a small ladle of oil into the pan before cooking the omlette. Perhaps when they were cooking your omlette, there was enough residue oil from a prior cooking. Does anyone know if they use a clean pan after each use or do they just wipe it out. Not sure.

I also use Pam at home and my eggs do not come out oily.

There is no way they could use a clean pan after each omlet. It would take literally hundreds of pans for that to happen. I don't recall them ever even wiping the pan out after making one. They just spray it and start over. It's not like you ate out of it.