daily shrimp cocktail on new menu?

cwb348

We will be cruising on the Glory in about a month, and wondered if the shrimp cocktail is still available as one of the daily appetizers on the new American Table menu.

It's not on the menu everyday, but recent reports are saying that it can be ordered everyday.

I was on the Glory the end of Feb. It wasn't on everyday, but I'd say it was at least every second day. We had it a couple of times.

I also agree with above poster, it is likely one of those things you could ask for everyday if you wished.

ETA - here is a link to the 7 day menus. I do notice that some of these were not exactly the same for our trip but very similar

http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/aNew/index.htm

Edited by 1kaper

So where did you get your information from???

Several people here on CC that I trust have experienced the new menu's on both the Glory and the Liberty are reporting that both shrimp cocktail and crème brulee' are available upon request.

Also, just a plain garden salad and the fruit plate is available on request.

John Heald has also commented on these items a few times in the last couple of months. These are some of the things that are still being tweeked and I hope they will become standard everyday fare that is listed on the menu.

Several people here on CC that I trust have experienced the new menu's on both the Glory and the Liberty are reporting that both shrimp cocktail and crème brulee' are available upon request.

Also, just a plain garden salad and the fruit plate is available on request.

John Heald has also commented on these items a few times in the last couple of months. These are some of the things that are still being tweeked and I hope they will become standard everyday fare that is listed on the menu.

Every menu that I have seen shows it listed everyday.

Every menu that I have seen shows it listed everyday.

The one I linked above does not have it listed everyday for the Glory, which is the one I just did. As I noted, it isn't the exact menu we had but it is very close. I do not recall it being on the menu every night but it was on frequently.

So where did you get your information from???

JH said on his page that both the shrimp cocktail and the fruit plate could be ordered every day even if they were not listed on the menu. This was when the new menus first came out and there were a lot of complaints. I printed out a copy of his answer.

I think that someone had shrimp cocktail most every night at our table while on the Liberty last month. It seemed that it was on the menu most every night, if not every night. That is, however, by memory and I did have drinks every night before and at dinner... Just saying :D

Just off the Glory and yes they had shrimp cocktail on the new menus every night. DH ordered it every night. I think since this new menu is still in the testing stage, they are still changing things. We loved the new menus. But the again, after 58 Carnival cruises the old ones got boring.