Big News about All You Can Drink Package

Frugalist

Does Princess have non-alcoholic packages too, similar to Celebrity's? One member of our group doesn't drink as much as the rest of us :p

Does anyone know where this info is at on their website - looked but couldn't find it.

What kind of drinks do they want? Soda? Mocktails? Milkshakes?

Yes Princess has those.

Does Princess have non-alcoholic packages too, similar to Celebrity's? One member of our group doesn't drink as much as the rest of us :p

Does anyone know where this info is at on their website - looked but couldn't find it.

Look towards the bottom of the page at this link

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Thanks for the information! We will give this some thought for our upcoming cruise.

Where can I find the information for the all you can drink alcohol package?

Is there a limit as to how many drinks per day? When hanging by the pool it would be nice not to have to worry about that.

Where can I find the information for the all you can drink alcohol package?

Is there a limit as to how many drinks per day? When hanging by the pool it would be nice not to have to worry about that.

No limit, I don't think you can outdrink the package. :eek:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

No limit, I don't think you can outdrink the package. :eek:

Correct, I definitely will not but it's nice to know that I don't have to count or pay attention if I were to have one more than the limit (if they had one). One less thing to think about :)

Is one able to prepay before the cruise and if so where on their website can I locate that information?

I have read that there is freshly sqeeze orange juice in the buffet or the dining room for an extra cost. Is it thrue? If so, is it free with the new package?

Juice concentrate is free, fresh squeezed there is a fee.

Not sure about the package, doubt it though.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

From a previous post:

ackage Details: Princess Cruises' package costs $49 per day, plus a 15 percent gratuity per person, and includes all cocktails, spirits, beer and glasses of wine less than $10. Also, all nonalcoholic drinks served in cans or bottles, as well as mocktails and shakes are included, as are all coffee, tea, espresso and specialty drinks and any food items such as crepes and gelato included with the coffee card. Each purchaser of the package also receives a 40 percent discount on all bottled wine less than $100.

Fine Print: Princess cruisers may purchase the package on seven-night or longer cruises. All passengers traveling in the same stateroom do not have to purchase the package.

Folks... in includes EVERYTHING except the super pricey alcohol (Johnny walker BLUE, for example) and drinks that would be over $10...

We were on the Ruby (4 day) last week... EVERYTHING means everything.. You can take that word literally. Juices... all the coffees... the giant bottles of water.... EVERYTHING ($10 and under)....

Please don't make it more difficult than it is. We all know it's new. The great thing about this package is it's simplicity. RCCL's has multi-layers. NCL's has a ton of everyday drinks that are excluded.... Last week each had many different martinis and DOTDs (Drink of the Day) and various wines (by the glass) and everything was covered. You can find some liquors and wines over the $10, but nearly everything was under the $10. We'll be on the CB when she comes out of drydock and we'll get the package again without a second thought.

The package follows the KISS principle, and it's great.

Edited by SheepdogGriff

My brother just got off the Ruby on B2B cruises. When he inquired about the package, he was told that ALL passengers in the cabin had to buy the package. Seems that not all employees have gotten the word...

My brother just got off the Ruby on B2B cruises. When he inquired about the package, he was told that ALL passengers in the cabin had to buy the package. Seems that not all employees have gotten the word...

Every ship seems to do/interpret things their own way.

This has been an issue with programs for as long as I can remember.

Pretty bad if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We just got off the Ruby (5-day cruise) also and can tell you that many people on embarkation day were buying the package at Outriggers (not us) and were not required to have both in the cabin buy the package

Interesting as he and I may have been on at the same time, or he got on as I got off.

That's definitely not what I heard when we purchased the packages.

I'm thinking the staff isn't "selling it" the same, or are taking liberties... or Princess is seeing that it's being abused (one person ordering a drink, back to back, to get around buying 2 packages).

Either way, it's new and things are going to have to be tweaked until Princess is satisfied with the way it's performing. At least they haven't felt the need to have a "15 drink per day cap" that I read Carnival does.

Interesting as he and I may have been on at the same time, or he got on as I got off.

That's definitely not what I heard when we purchased the packages.

I'm thinking the staff isn't "selling it" the same, or are taking liberties... or Princess is seeing that it's being abused (one person ordering a drink, back to back, to get around buying 2 packages).

Either way, it's new and things are going to have to be tweaked until Princess is satisfied with the way it's performing. At least they haven't felt the need to have a "15 drink per day cap" that I read Carnival does.

Carnival cruisers drink more? :p