I.D. needed at this port

matfel

We will be on the Carnival Glory in August, I know some ports they say require a passport to board the ship, we are Canadian and I would rather not take our passports off as we are cave tubing and would not want to chance losing them, can we use our Canadian Drivers license as I.D. getting back on the ship or do they ask for anything besides your sign and sail card at this port

I use my Canadian passport to get on the ship at when we embark and then I lock it in the safe. I use my DL and ship card to get through security in ports. I havent run into an issue. You could carry a photocopy of your passport if you want.

thank you very much, thank you mitsugirly as well for all your reviews, they have really helped at deciding what to do in Cozumel and Belize, thanks again

You are very welcome. I do always carry my ID with me...just in case. But they have never ask for it yet. The only place we were ever ask for our ID was in Nassau once. We didn't know we were supposed to have it with us (and didn't), but they let us go on anyone with just our ship card. Since then, we usually carry our ship cards and our ID...just in case. ;)

You are very welcome for the reviews. I'm glad I could be of some help. :)

We will be on the Carnival Glory in August, I know some ports they say require a passport to board the ship, we are Canadian and I would rather not take our passports off as we are cave tubing and would not want to chance losing them, can we use our Canadian Drivers license as I.D. getting back on the ship or do they ask for anything besides your sign and sail card at this port

While normally they only want your sign & sail card, sometimes they do ask for a government issued photo ID. Your Canadian Drivers License is perfect.

You do not need your Passport. Keep it locked in the safe.

LuLu

~~~