Reservations at Tamarind

Hello cruisers ,

I had an issue last month on the Eurodam Tamarind. I prebooked 4 dinner reservations and one lunch sailing into San Juan. All my reservations , I requested a window table. I got there on time but the window tables were all taken. Is this a normal expectation ? Why can't they honor my request ? In normal circumstances , restaurants on land , even the cheap ones honor the request. Please share your knowledge of how this works. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

HAL rarely promises a specific table for any of the alternative restaurants. They try to accomodate requests but there are only so many window tables and perhaps the date of the request for those tables occupied by others predated when you made the request?

Despite your disappointment about the table, hopefully you enjoyed Tamarind. We think they do a wonderful job in that restaurant on both Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.

Whenever I have pre-booked the Tamarind or even the Pinnacle via HAL's site -- there is no place to request a window table.

How were you able to make this request? What time were your reservations?

Is it now possible to reserve lunch in advance?

Perhaps she made reservations by phone with Ship's Services?

I, too, was surprised to read about a pre-booked lunch reservation.

I'm also surprised that when pre-booking you could request a window. I don't remember that from the HAL website. The only way I know to guarantee you will get a window seat is to make a reservation for 5:30 and show up a bit before that. We've always gotten a table by the window by doing that. And, if I remember right...all the window tables on the side we were on were filled by 6pm.

Actually, the best tables at Tamarind are on the side where there are no windows... the left hand side when you go in.

Really? We've been to the left and to the right where you check in - and there are windows on both sides.

We never dine before 8 P.M. on the ships and it is almost always dark when we come to Tamarind. A window table doesn't mean much to us in the dark though if we dined at 5:30 maybe we would think about it differently.

Edited by sail7seas

Really? We've been to the left and to the right where you check in - and there are windows on both sides.

Sorry, I was mistaken. You are right. We have always been on the left hand side at night when the curtains are drawn so have never really seen outside. We just feel the disposition of the tables on that side provides for a more private atmosphere. The other side just seems more open to us.

To clarify :

I booked SJ on the ship. Asked the person if it's possible to request a window, he said yes and he seemed to indicate that on his comp. The other 4 dinner reserv were at. 7:30 PM. Of course the ones at 7:30 p didn't bother us no window but SJ wasn't cool to show up at noon on time and was told it is possible just to find out it was not possible to get a window. Wonder what time everyone showed up

? 10 ? 11?

I also was able to write in the field online which is originally for gifts I believe. It says message next to the field. Well that was my message. Table for 2 window.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by maggiekoolcruiser