Cagney's - entree question

If someone purchases the UDP I do not understand why NCL would not allow you to order multiple entrees? From what I have gathered you can dine in several specialty restaurants per night if you wish. If they allow this then why not allow multiple entrees? Its essentially the same thing.

Edited by Bocadude85

I didn't know this, that's great, thank you. :D

We love going to the specialty restaurants but we do (me especially) have a difficult time finishing our meals sometimes. The Moderno was almost a waste for us, money that is not food b/c we just couldn't eat that much and the waiters/servers were really surprised when I said stop and didn't restart, LOL. :p

I can't imagine wasting that amount of food but I guess it's "to each his own". :)

This reminded me that DH ordered a small portion of pasta as an app at almost every meal.

Wow, incredibly wasteful. It's people like this that make me shake my head on cruises - loading up their plates at the buffet or ordering everything and then just wasting it all.

This could be why they set up the UDP so that you can only order 1 entree without paying extra; some people will over order just because they can and this stops them.

Edited by NLH Arizona

If someone purchases the UDP I do not understand why NCL would not allow you to order multiple entrees? From what I have gathered you can dine in several specialty restaurants per night if you wish. If they allow this then why not allow multiple entrees? Its essentially the same thing.

You know, according to the FAQ for the UDP it does say everything on the menu is included but doesn't say anything about multiple entrees.

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package

However recent reviews and threads regarding the UDP have stated that one entree per dinner, multiple apps and desserts and up charge items were included.

I linked earlier in this thread where a poster specifically asked on a recent cruise and was told they could order multiple entrees with the UDP, just not in Cagney's. Has that been proven to be wrong? It seems that now everyone is saying it's only one everywhere, but I haven't seen referenced where they were actually told that.

Personally, I can't imagine ordering more than one, unless I really disliked what I ordered. Even then, I'd generally just deal with it.

You know, according to the FAQ for the UDP it does say everything on the menu is included but doesn't say anything about multiple entrees.

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package

However recent reviews and threads regarding the UDP have stated that one entree per dinner, multiple apps and desserts and up charge items were included.

I think you are looking for this:

http://www.ncl.com/terms/shorex-dining-entertainment-spa#dining

Ultimate Dining Package

The Ultimate Dining Package is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Carlo’s Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, 24/7 Pizza Chef’s Table is not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. The UDP does not include beverages. No Kids pricing, package available for guest 13 and older. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

Edited by roquejo

There is a little difference in that if you dine in multiple restaurants a night you actually have to plan and make bookings and coordinate times and physically move around versus making a single booking and ordering every entree off the menu. So u r right it is not that different but by limiting the entrees at each sitting it does give some kind of portion control too NCL.

Like what some other posters have stated, it may be to avoid having someone make one reservation, and than order every entree with no extra $ just because they can and take one bite of each; some people I am sure would have no qualms about doing this if it was allowed.

We were on the Pearl last week and ate at Cagney's twice. We also had the UDP. You may only order 1 entrée, if you order an entrée that comes with a surcharge you do not pay it

Can you please tell me what are the surcharge items at Cagney's? All I know as of the moment, only Le Bistro has the surcharge items...

Cagney's used to have the lobster tail and Alaskan King crab add ons that has a surcharge.. but I believed they have been taken out already.

I think you are looking for this:

http://www.ncl.com/terms/shorex-dining-entertainment-spa#dining

Ultimate Dining Package

The Ultimate Dining Package is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Carlo’s Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, 24/7 Pizza Chef’s Table is not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. The UDP does not include beverages. No Kids pricing, package available for guest 13 and older. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

Thanks you for the definitive word from the definitive Norwegians mouth;)!! My google machine let me down!

We were on the Pearl March 11-16 and were told one entrée person was included in the UDP per meal/seating. 2 nights at Cagneys, 1 at Le Bistro. We did meet several others who visited more than 1 specialty restaurant per night. What we also found out about the UDP was that the $59 on line price for 5 night cruises was offered for $89 once onboard. Also, there was no reduced rate UDP for under 12. You either paid the adult price of the plan or 50% of the adult rate per meal if you were eating off the specialty menu.

What we also found out about the UDP was that the $59 on line price for 5 night cruises was offered for $89 once onboard.

What do you mean $89 once onboard? The price is clearly stated in their website:

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more

ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE

Take advantage of Norwegian's Ultimate Dining Package – Try a Norwegian specialty restaurant every night of your cruise for one special rate. Bring your appetite and desire to taste something deliciously new each day.

A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Entertainment based dining and 1- and 2-day sailings are excluded. See FAQs and Terms & Conditions for more details.

Item # Description Price

UDP6 per person during cruises of 3 to 6 days $59.00

UDP7 per person during cruises of 7 days $119.00

UDP9 per person during cruises of 8 to 9 days $149.00

UDP10 per person during cruises of 10 to 15 days $199.00

UDP16 per person during cruises of 16 to 25 days $259.00

UDP26 per person during cruises of 26 to 35 days $299.00

UDP36 per person during cruises of 36 to 45 days $349.00

They cannot do that as it is false advertising...

Can somebody else confirm whether the price of UDP when bought onboard is significantly more expensive than what is listed in their website.

As this will create some legal issues.

Edited by roquejo

You have to remember that the pleasure of food for some people, us included, is the taste, not stuffing ourselves until a button goes into orbit.

I regularly order 3 entrees during a la carte dining and never finish one of them, if I have to pay extra for that privilege on the UDP then I'm happy to do so but I'd like to know the rules going in.

I always clean my plate, unless I don't like it.

For folks like you maybe NCL should have a Tappas resturant. Everything is served as a small appatizer size. Not too much goes to waste.

Edited by NH Cruisers

I read in another thread that with the UDP you can order multiple entrees in any specialty restaurant EXCEPT Cagney's. This is what I am remembering reading here, so now I am struggling to find where I read that to see if it was from a credible source (like quoted or something.) I'll post if I find it.

EDITED: Here is where I read that. Looks like it was just that one person's experience. I say simply ask and go for it!

We were able to order multiple entrees anywhere but cagneys. I believe cagneys was $10 for extra entree

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app