Looking for picture heavy reviews / tours Serenade of the Seas

Looking at a one-off 9 nighter in December 2015; ABC islands + Key West out of Fort Lauderdale. I've been to Aruba by ship and Key West by both ship and car, but not Bonaire or Curacao and I also really want to get on a Radiance class ship. Fort Lauderdale is my backyard.

But what I can't seem to find are any photo reviews or photo tours of the Serenade post-revitalization. Is there any someone could point me to; search hasn't been too successful in turning up photos. Is Serenade most like any other Radiance class ship in particular to look at photo reviews of venues of?

Finally, because it's the least you can do for me (conversely, it is also the most you can do for me), would the peanut gallery please throw their 2 cents in about itinerary, ship, etc. :cool:

I'm sorry I have no pictures but we were on Serenade over Christmas. I have not been on a ship where the Windjammer was in the back of the ship! I was turned around half of the week! I loved the aerial shows in the Centrum. We especially enjoyed sail away from New Orleans behind the Windjammer drinking lovely Margaritas from Rita's Cantina!

We also enjoyed the Solarium and the Park Cafe in the Solarium. The personal pizzas in the Windjammer were especially delicious! Reminded me of Mod Pizza in Seattle - thin crust pizza with toppings of your choice and only needing to be cooked about 3 minutes. :)

Count me as part of the peanut gallery. In Bonaire, if you like to snorkel, you can't go wrong with Woodwind: http://www.woodwindbonaire.com/

We have been on many snorkel tours and this was the most well run one we have seen. It was fun and informative with a great crew and good equipment. We thought Kralendijk, though small, was very charming and enjoyed looking around after our tour. There was also a very nice craft market with better than average goods in the park right across the street from the cruise ship dock. We picked up a few nice Christmas presents there.

We will be on the Serenade in next week, let me know if there's anything specific you want to find out, I will personally research into that for you. In addition, I will probably post a review when i get back, hope it will help.

Looking at a one-off 9 nighter in December 2015; ABC islands + Key West out of Fort Lauderdale. I've been to Aruba by ship and Key West by both ship and car, but not Bonaire or Curacao and I also really want to get on a Radiance class ship. Fort Lauderdale is my backyard.

But what I can't seem to find are any photo reviews or photo tours of the Serenade post-revitalization. Is there any someone could point me to; search hasn't been too successful in turning up photos. Is Serenade most like any other Radiance class ship in particular to look at photo reviews of venues of?

Finally, because it's the least you can do for me (conversely, it is also the most you can do for me), would the peanut gallery please throw their 2 cents in about itinerary, ship, etc. :cool:

We will be on the Serenade in next week, let me know if there's anything specific you want to find out, I will personally research into that for you. In addition, I will probably post a review when i get back, hope it will help.

I too would appreciate any info/pics, etc from your trip on the Serenade :D

If you could get any info on the Royal Babies & Tots nursery that would be great - specifically times they are open & their cruise compasses.

Edited by KITKAT0229

I will take good pictures of all the compasses for you. I have two kids going with us but they are going to be nj the 3-6 program. But I can find out more on royal babies for you. In the past I did not use royal babies as my boy was two and he needed more action. But we did hire sitters at night in our cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Chicagocrooza! This may sound odd...if you can get any snapshots of the forward promenade area/helipad area. I think it is deck 5 or 6; just want to see how it wraps around and if the helipad is open for normal guest usage. I'm familiar with RCI in general but not the Radiance class ships. Have a great trip!

...just want to see how it wraps around and if the helipad is open for normal guest usage. I'm familiar with RCI in general but not the Radiance class ships...

Yes, the helipad is open on this class of ship, however, we found they closed it every night on our recent B2B. This was frustrating but understandable. If I can say it gently, during Spring Break and Mardi Gras, I can agree with closing the helipad as, umm, there was a fair amount of drinking going on and I guess at some point it becomes all about guest safety. :)

During the day, it is a fabulous place to spend some time and take some pictures. Many times we went up there and were alone - seems not too many had found it.

Are you looking to book one of those family room at the front of ship?

Thanks Chicagocrooza! This may sound odd...if you can get any snapshots of the forward promenade area/helipad area. I think it is deck 5 or 6; just want to see how it wraps around and if the helipad is open for normal guest usage. I'm familiar with RCI in general but not the Radiance class ships. Have a great trip!

Serenade's helipad is open during sailaway. We found that to be rather a fun place to be during a foggy departure from NOLA in February.

Some pictures in the review linked below, but admittedly not as many on board shots as I usually take.

I also would love Serenade info. Looking at going end of November for a "been there, done that" cruise (ie probably won't get off except in Coco) :D Especially interested in pool areas and public areas as we will be enjoying the ship herself. Thanks so much!

You sound just like my wife, she started cruising long before I did so she had been most of the ports multiple times. She loves staying on the ship and enjoy all the amenities. One thing I never agree with her is hiring a personal trainer on a cruise, :rolleyes:

I also would love Serenade info. Looking at going end of November for a "been there, done that" cruise (ie probably won't get off except in Coco) :D Especially interested in pool areas and public areas as we will be enjoying the ship herself. Thanks so much!