FTTF refund as OBC

rccranbob

:):):):)I was on The Fascination on 11/25/2014 and had purchased FTTF for 2 cabins. The ship was late arriving due to rough seas, so we were late boarding. The FTTF Security line was longer than the check-in line at 1:00PM. After getting our SS cards we boarded at about 1:45 PM, All rooms were ready (no advantage there). Because of high seas no Little Stirrup Cay so no tenders. We did get zone 1 for debarking. Sent in a request for refund and was offered $100.00 OBC for a future cruise, so I booked The Freedom for April and called Carnival and got the OBC. Nothing but great customer service from Carnival, no hold times and very friendly employees. Thank You Carnival!

:):):):)I was on The Fascination on 11/25/2014 and had purchased FTTF for 2 cabins. The ship was late arriving due to rough seas, so we were late boarding. The FTTF Security line was longer than the check-in line at 1:00PM. After getting our SS cards we boarded at about 1:45 PM, All rooms were ready (no advantage there). Because of high seas no Little Stirrup Cay so no tenders. We did get zone 1 for debarking. Sent in a request for refund and was offered $100.00 OBC for a future cruise, so I booked The Freedom for April and called Carnival and got the OBC. Nothing but great customer service from Carnival, no hold times and very friendly employees. Thank You Carnival!

Thanks for posting a good Customer Service story.

Sorry, but I really have to chuckle.......

You must be looking into the future because we haven't even hit that date yet! :D :D

That said, I'm happy to hear that their customer service is so good. I am sailing Carnival for the first time and hopefully I won't need them but it's good to know that in case I ever do.

Both our ports in Mexico got cancelled back in 2009 due to the swine flu which had just hit. We didn't find out until the 1st sea day. They took us to Key West which was ok but not, of course, what everyone had hoped for. Carnival went out of their way to make it good for us; our day in Key West was something like 12 hours-we got to stay until late in the evening and take advantage of the beautiful KW sunset. After we returned we got some kind of refund (more than just the port fees) and were contacted later and given a 50% reduction on a future cruise which we used next year on the Triumph. In this instance I feel like they went above and beyond. I have always had good service from CCL.

Sorry about the type o, Cruising is always good. The seas were rough during the cruise, we were diverted to Freeport (only sunny day) Rained and cloudy all but 1 day. temps in the 60s. I still had a good time. Quite a few of sick people on board.

Really? That's interesting.

I contacted Carnival about our issues with FTTF and they offered us $50 OBC.

That credit has yet to be posted on My Cruise Manager. :mad:

The OP had two cabins so that explains the $100 vs $50. :-)

As to posting to your cruise manager - I have found lots of the true up for active cruises happens the week of your particular cruise (not always, but often) - it may be a simple logistical reason and it will be there in time.

If you are like me and want it confirmed LOL, I would ring back to be safe - like those above said - you will be on a cruise, that is the wonderful bit!

It won't show up on your cruise manager, but will be on your S&S account when you board. I confirmed this with guest services yesterday. I also got an upsell call yesterday I was offered a Grand Suite for $850.00 more from a 8D balcony on the Veranda Deck for 4, I declined.