What beverages are "free"?

sharse

Realizing NOTHING is free, what I mean is, if you do not purchase a beverage package, which beverages are included without an extra charge? It looks like they even charge for bottled water.

I'm assuming I can have water at meals, coffee? Juice with my breakfast?

Thank you!

p.s. I did a search and couldn't find this, so sorry if I've repeated a topic that does already exist.

Realizing NOTHING is free, what I mean is, if you do not purchase a beverage package, which beverages are included without an extra charge? It looks like they even charge for bottled water.

I'm assuming I can have water at meals, coffee? Juice with my breakfast?

Thank you!

p.s. I did a search and couldn't find this, so sorry if I've repeated a topic that does already exist.

Not sure what you mean by they even Charge for bottled water. Yes they do Charge for it. You can get tap water for free anytime.

Yes you can get water at meals, but as said it´s tap water, you will pay for bottled. Other than that, you can have lemonade, flavoured Waters, ice tea, tea, coffee, milk and I might have forgotten something.

Juice is available at breakfast only and it´s not the fresh one. Fresh OJ is available at a cost during breakfast time.

When you mention lemonade is it the fizzy one or still

The lemonade is still. I wish they had here what you across the pond call fizzy. It sounds like something I would love!!:) Anybody ever seen it in the USA?

Also, incuded in your cruise fare is Chocolate milk as well as plain already mentioned.

Not sure what you mean by they even Charge for bottled water. Yes they do Charge for it. You can get tap water for free anytime.

Yes you can get water at meals, but as said it´s tap water, you will pay for bottled. Other than that, you can have lemonade, flavoured Waters, ice tea, tea, coffee, milk and I might have forgotten something.

Juice is available at breakfast only and it´s not the fresh one. Fresh OJ is available at a cost during breakfast time.

What is "flavoured waters"? What sorts of flavors? Is it calorie free or sweetened? I've only ever heard of flavored bottled waters, so not sure what this is.

Thank you,

Janis

Fizzy = carbonated. I can't speak for all of NA, but I can buy a fizzy citrus drink in Canada that is called Wink. There also used to be Country Time Lemonade, but no idea if that is still on the market.

So back to the OP, we have only ever purchased the beverage package once. Unless you are a die-hard pop/soda drinker you should be able to get by. Ship's water is as good as bottled water, plus there are juices made from concentrate; usually "sugar free" peach, lemonade and iced tea from what I remember, plus OJ in the morning as another poster said. Plus there is always coffee/tea available somewhere. As for milk, I can't say for sure, but I don't recall anyone ever having to show their seapass card (in other words, pay for it) when ordering it.

Many also try to bring on a case of their own water/soda. This is against the rules, but usually overlooked. So don't depend on it working. You can search the forums for more discussion on that.

In the Cafe promenade and+or Sorrento Pizza they may also offer hot water for tea and hot chocolate (dry packets). They typically have a large supply of ice water and milk in this area. I have ordered milk, iced tea and lemonade in the main dining room (MRD). Don't know what ship you referring to. Minor thing - but wanted to mention it.

What is "flavoured waters"? What sorts of flavors? Is it calorie free or sweetened? I've only ever heard of flavored bottled waters, so not sure what this is.

Thank you,

Janis

They're just like the flavored bottled water (similar taste to vitaminwater, propel, volvic touch of fruit, etc.) but not from a bottle. They're sweetened and sugar free, but they have a nasty aspartame aftertaste if your tongue is sensitive to such things.

They're just like the flavored bottled water (similar taste to vitaminwater, propel, volvic touch of fruit, etc.) but not from a bottle. They're sweetened and sugar free, but they have a nasty aspartame aftertaste if your tongue is sensitive to such things.

I don't have any issues with aspartame, so this is very good news for me, thanks! I'm not a big fan of what my previous cruise line called "iced tea" (living in the South has made me very intolerant of nasty iced tea mixes...), so it will be nice to have a little bit of choice when it comes to beverages without having to buy a soda package.

Janis

The lemonade is still. I wish they had here what you across the pond call fizzy. It sounds like something I would love!!:) Anybody ever seen it in the USA?

Rala, check your local stores for San Pellegrino Limonata. I had it when we were in London last summer, then looked for it when we came home. Was delighted to find it in our local Walmart! It tastes like lemonade, but is carbonated, aka "fizzy."

Usually in the Wind Jammer they have cartons of white and chocolate milk (sometimes towards the end of the cruise chocolate gets scarce) Like other posters mention the have unsweetened tea, lemonade, tap water ,juices, hot tea, coffee and hot chocolate. My family had never purchased a drink package. Though I have taken on a few bottles of my diet Mt Dew!

It may depend on the ship - rhapsody a few years ago had the cordial style drinks outside Windjammer at all hours. On voyager there was water, tea and coffee at the promenade cafe. Also had juice from concentrate at breakfast.

And for lemon squash- there are some good attempts in the US I found at corner stores but not like we have in Australia (I had withdrawals for the 6 weeks I was there :-) ). If you mix US lemonade with sprite (AU lemonade) it is close .

TanInAus

Whenever we have sailed hot chocolate is free during dinner and breakfast in the MDR. Usually our waiter understands our likes and brings the cocoa at the end of the meal when others usually order coffee. Our kids loved it.

We will be doing the "Anytime Dining" (forgive me for not knowing the proper term) so we'll have different waiters each night. I'm not so worried about that, but rather what can we grab to drink during the day as we're playing around the pool, the rock climbing wall, or just sitting and relaxing. We are not soda drinkers, but I do like my coffee, and my husband loves his specialty Starbucks type drinks (which I realize will be an extra cost.)

I'm mostly concerned with how difficult it will be to stay hydrated with water for all of us, as we do drink a lot of water. Maybe I can bring a 24 ounce water bottle from home (or two?) that we can fill up regularly? Will the crew have any issues with that, thinking we're sneaking alcohol?

We will be doing the "Anytime Dining" (forgive me for not knowing the proper term) so we'll have different waiters each night. I'm not so worried about that, but rather what can we grab to drink during the day as we're playing around the pool, the rock climbing wall, or just sitting and relaxing. We are not soda drinkers, but I do like my coffee, and my husband loves his specialty Starbucks type drinks (which I realize will be an extra cost.)

I'm mostly concerned with how difficult it will be to stay hydrated with water for all of us, as we do drink a lot of water. Maybe I can bring a 24 ounce water bottle from home (or two?) that we can fill up regularly? Will the crew have any issues with that, thinking we're sneaking alcohol?

It has been a while since we sailed Royal, but at all of our recent cruise and land vacations, there has been a big, self serve dispenser of ice water available at the pool bar. I would think Royal is following current practice. So bring a refillable bottle or get one small cup at a time.

And if they do not have a self serve station, you can always get a free glass of ice water (tap) from any bar

Edited by cruise cruise cruise

I don't have any issues with aspartame, so this is very good news for me, thanks! I'm not a big fan of what my previous cruise line called "iced tea" (living in the South has made me very intolerant of nasty iced tea mixes...), so it will be nice to have a little bit of choice when it comes to beverages without having to buy a soda package.

Janis

Definitely YUK:(

Fizzy lemonade is sprite or seven up. In Australia if you ask for lemonade you will get sprite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yep Europe as well. The lemonade on the ship is non fizzy which is sadly not available over here and as I hate any fizzy stuff I look Forward to it on the ship.

My son usually gets chocolate milk in the MDR. We have to ask for it. It's regualar milk with some kind of chocolate syrup but DS loves it! Now at 12 he says he can't cruise without it!

Hubby (my big kid!;)) was able to get TruMoo choc. milk in half pint cartons in the WJ on our recent Indy cruise...probably could have it in the MDR if he had asked. Just FYI.

Rala, check your local stores for San Pellegrino Limonata. I had it when we were in London last summer, then looked for it when we came home. Was delighted to find it in our local Walmart! It tastes like lemonade, but is carbonated, aka "fizzy."

Thank you, Trish. I will definitely check that out.:)