Milkshakes on Royal Princess?

jagmanss1

Yes and yes.

Colo Cruiser, Thanks for your reply, Have you been on the Royal Princess?

Have you ordered or have you seen milkshakes on the Royal?

The only reason I ask is because the quoted post below is from last December of 2013, they were on Royal Princess - 11/13 sailing and am wondering if it may have changed and you have first hand experience....

If you are going on the Royal Princess they do not have milkshakes. My husband always purchases the Unlimited soda & more package for the milk shakes and when he went to order on one the Royal they told him they did not have milkshakes. He went to passenger services deck and they refunded him the difference between the ultimate card and the regular soda card.
Edited by jagmanss1

Found the below statement from a review of the Royal back in January

Beverage card was great but missed the peach and rasberry smoothies I can get on Celebrity.

Also they do not provide the chocolate milk shakes as on the Ruby and other Princess ships.

Does anyone that has been on the Royal Princess know if they changed and serve Milkshakes now?

Nooooooooo! :-( I love getting chocolate malts with my UKP! It's messed up that the UKP costs the same on the Royal/Regal, yet doesn't include milkshakes. I think Princess should include gelato at the least, since they include it with the liquor package.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are on the Royal Princess now. Asked about milk shakes as my granddaughter has the Ultimate Kids Card and was told that the Royal does not offer milk shakes. They do not have the machines needed to do this.

Very understandable, they sell for the very high price of about $40 and it did not fit into the budget for building the ship.

31TT6HBABGL._SY355_.jpg

Have them bring a bowl of gelato and glass of milk and mix it together! Probably won't taste same but what the heck..worth a try! Or bring a dish of the soft serve ice cream to add to the milk.

Edited by MamaTene

Commercial grade ones are much higher plus supplies, but even then we are talking thousands, not millions. Kinda shocked either way that they don't have them. I could have seen space reasons, I haven't seen the ice cream facility on the Royal yet.

Very understandable, they sell for the very high price of about $40 and it did not fit into the budget for building the ship.

31TT6HBABGL._SY355_.jpg