My View...Independence of the Seas

APDMOM

Surprisingly, they were called cabanas. Yes, they are for rent. I don't know what they cost, but if they are the same price as the regular cabanas, I don't think they are worth it. I will try to look on my FOS December booking to see if I can find out...

Thank you for checking for me. We are bringing my mother in law with us and thought it might be something nice for her to experience. But, not at the cost of the other cabanas.

Thank you for checking for me. We are bringing my mother in law with us and thought it might be something nice for her to experience. But, not at the cost of the other cabanas.

I checked on my December excursions. It is not listed there. The cheapest cabanas listed are at Barefoot Beach for $175. Maybe they are new and not added yet?

While we were there, I did see 2 that were empty and one that had a sign "Cabana Reserved", but with nobody in it.

Hope it is not too expensive, because they do look nice, but are not as private and well equipped as the wooden cabanas.

In Summary:

Indy is probably our second favorite ship so far, after Freedom of the Seas:

Our favorite things:

1. THE balcony (7708 ...or 7408 is the other one that is similar)

2. Coffee in the Promenade Cafe with some of those R&R snacks.

3. Enjoying the quiet ship while in port

4. Labadee

5. Rock the Boat (the band!)

Hope this helps everyone plan their cruise, or at least count down the time until their next adventure.

I have too many ship pictures. I will see if I get time to go through them and post them. Until next time... Here is one more view of Indy (Taken in St Thomas, while we were on Norwegian Dawn)

862eb163200bedc85e432b0b0e86ec74_zps53c02d40.jpg

Thank you so much for this review and wonderful photos! I am on Indy in 30 days and your review makes me that much more excited!!!

You are welcome! Enjoy every moment! :)

See looks familiar :D Thanks again for the pictures. We wouldn't have had any without the ones you took :) :D

You are welcome! It was a lot of fun to watch.

How exciting to see a whale! That would have made my cruise.

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review, I'll be on IOS April 12th so you have just added to my excitement.

Silly but I would like to see a picture of the back of your new do! How brave to get a makeover on vacation. :eek:

How exciting to see a whale! That would have made my cruise.

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review, I'll be on IOS April 12th so you have just added to my excitement.

Silly but I would like to see a picture of the back of your new do! How brave to get a makeover on vacation. :eek:

The whale was definitely a nice surprise!

Cutting my hair on the cruise was out of character impulsive for me, but I could no longer reach the ends to curl my hair. I will post a picture of the back tomorrow, since I am wearing it up today :) I am very happy with the results. It is going to be so much easier next week when I return to work!

Enjoy your countdown until April 12th... it will be here soon!

We went on the Indy and loved it! We liked Oasis class better, but were REALLY impressed by the food on the Indy! What did you think of it?

I'm sorry I missed your question among the posts :) We LOVED the food on Indy. We were always able to find something really great. The few times we did not like something was because we were ignorant as to what they were... like the beef carpaccio :D

Some of my favorites were: Artichoke crepes, grilled wahoo, pretty much all the soups, and the lamb stew... oh, and the chips and artichoke dip for room service. For desserts, I loved the pavlova, the crunchy caramel mousse (Sorrentos), Sprinkles vanilla frozen yogurt, and the R&R snack in the Promenade cafe. Mmmm.. my mouth is watering! Then there is the daily bread pudding. I climbed stairs A LOT on this cruise :eek:

Surprisingly, they were called cabanas. Yes, they are for rent. I don't know what they cost, but if they are the same price as the regular cabanas, I don't think they are worth it. I will try to look on my FOS December booking to see if I can find out...

I rented one of the Adrenaline Beach cabanas two weeks ago, I was charged $225. It came with a cooler filled with ice with 6 large bottles of Evian water, 2 floats and a cabana attendant that set up our loungers and went to the bar all day long for us. It was like a queen or king size bed with bolsters and a cover plus drapes on two sides that you could close. I thought it was worth it for both the sun protection and a cooler place to lounge, it was really hot the day we were there. We booked our cruise late and all the cabanas online were already booked. BTW, all the other cabanas were $250 online. So we checked at the excursion desk when we got on board and were surprised to get one! We had a big family group that used the cabana for HQ, it was supposed to be for 6 people. If everyone laid down on the cushions, you could have 4 people on it. If you sat on it, obviously more.

The bolsters on the sides are not much support, we saw someone fall out on one next door to ours. Too many Labadoozies??

Leslie

In Summary:

Indy is probably our second favorite ship so far, after Freedom of the Seas:

Our favorite things:

1. THE balcony (7708 ...or 7408 is the other one that is similar)

2. Coffee in the Promenade Cafe with some of those R&R snacks.

3. Enjoying the quiet ship while in port

4. Labadee

5. Rock the Boat (the band!)

Hope this helps everyone plan their cruise, or at least count down the time until their next adventure.

I have too many ship pictures. I will see if I get time to go through them and post them. Until next time... Here is one more view of Indy (Taken in St Thomas, while we were on Norwegian Dawn)

862eb163200bedc85e432b0b0e86ec74_zps53c02d40.jpg

nice picture

Looking forward to reading more. We will be boarding Indy on April 12 for our 8 day. Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

35th anniversary! Congrats, love seeing that. This next cruise will be 33 for us.

Hi Lauderdalegal! Here are the post free haircut results:

Curly up:

DSCN4510_zps648cc784.jpeg

Curly down:

DSCN4511_zps358aa92a.jpeg

Semi-straight down:

DSCN4518_zpsf6780ef7.jpeg

Thank you Bill!!! Congrats also on your 33rd!!

Congratulations from me to both of you too! We are chasing you. We are at 14 years :D ...for as long as we both shall live.

I was enjoying this review for a lot of reasons, but I love it when I learn something new, and you have picture evidence!

I rented one of the Adrenaline Beach cabanas two weeks ago, I was charged $225. It came with a cooler filled with ice with 6 large bottles of Evian water, 2 floats and a cabana attendant that set up our loungers and went to the bar all day long for us. It was like a queen or king size bed with bolsters and a cover plus drapes on two sides that you could close. I thought it was worth it for both the sun protection and a cooler place to lounge, it was really hot the day we were there. We booked our cruise late and all the cabanas online were already booked. BTW, all the other cabanas were $250 online. So we checked at the excursion desk when we got on board and were surprised to get one! We had a big family group that used the cabana for HQ, it was supposed to be for 6 people. If everyone laid down on the cushions, you could have 4 people on it. If you sat on it, obviously more.

The bolsters on the sides are not much support, we saw someone fall out on one next door to ours. Too many Labadoozies??

Leslie

Thank you for reporting back the details of your experience, Leslie! I guess the Cabanas are cheaper for our December cruise, since is is 'off season'. I will keep looking to see if they list the Adrenaline Beach cabanas on our reservation.

I was enjoying this review for a lot of reasons, but I love it when I learn something new, and you have picture evidence!

Thank you! I love writing the reviews - even for my personal benefit. Years down the road, when the review is buried in the pages and pages of threads, I still go back and see it as my own memories/journal :)