My View...Independence of the Seas

APDMOM

Found your review today and totally loving it! We are sailing on Indy after Thanksgiving and hoping to enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed Freedom (sailed her twice).

Thanks for the great tips and beautiful photos! You have a lovely family.

Found your review today and totally loving it! We are sailing on Indy after Thanksgiving and hoping to enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed Freedom (sailed her twice).

Thanks for the great tips and beautiful photos! You have a lovely family.

I'm glad I could return the favor! I read a large part of your FOS review last year. Unfortunately, we got on the ship before the end of it, but I really enjoyed it. I am bookmarking it to read the rest, since I realize I never went back to it after our cruise. I regret not writing an FOS review. There were quite a few excellent ones at that time, including yours, and I thought it would be too much repetition. However, I realize I love going back to my old reviews to relive our cruise memories :) I will not skip writing a review again!

Two weeks to go and we will get to experience the Indy. First time on RCL, but thanks to your review I feel I will know what to expect. Thank you.

All the way from Australia! Enjoy your adventure :) Just don't buy the Quality Street or Flake on the ship - we noticed they were all outdated. I would have taken them for free, though :D

We are cruising on the Indy for Thanksgiving. Thanks for this amazing review! I know I will be referencing it many a time before we cruise. Awesome tips too!!

You are welcome! I just looked at that sailing too, but if we go anywhere over Thanksgiving, it will probably be from Port Canaveral or Tampa.

Thanks for all the amazing tips....and pics...I will be in the same cabin on my upcoming cruise:D

Looking forward to reading more. We will be boarding Indy on April 12 for our 8 day. Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

I will be on this cruise also....can't wait:D

Kerri

Thanks for all the amazing tips....and pics...I will be in the same cabin on my upcoming cruise:D

I'm jealous :) Enjoy the splurge. My best advice for this balcony... Spend as much time there as you can!

Thank you! I love writing the reviews - even for my personal benefit. Years down the road, when the review is buried in the pages and pages of threads, I still go back and see it as my own memories/journal :)

I've done the same thing. Today I saw my notebook I keep with me on a cruise to keep notes when I'm cruising for my reviews.

I'm jealous :) Enjoy the splurge. My best advice for this balcony... Spend as much time there as you can!

I see your going back on Freedom before I go back on her for my 2nd time. You have the same cabin? I might have to think about this one as a back up to the cabin I had last time (center hump)

I see your going back on Freedom before I go back on her for my 2nd time. You have the same cabin? I might have to think about this one as a back up to the cabin I had last time (center hump)

Not this time. The reason we can cruise 3 times this year is that we got an incredible deal on the promenade cabins for December. We paid only $369 per person and got an additional discount for Crown and Anchor members. We found out later that it had been a glitch in the system, but they honored our price since we had already paid the deposit. That was really nice of Royal!

As far as hump vs. aft: The walk can be quite long from the aft, but I take that extra large balcony despite the extra walk any day! :) It is especially great when you have many sea days and you want a quiet break from the crowds and the DJ's choice of music.

Great review and awesome pics from our sailing! Thank you for sharing! We did have a fun group, didn't we?

Donna :)

Thanks Donna! Yes, we had a great roll call. I was surprised that I did not run into many of them on the cruise, but I am an early to bed, early riser kind of person :)

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We have a good-size family group sailing on the Liberty in three weeks and I've never been on a Freedom-class ship, so this was a great opportunity to get a feel for what to expect. Although I'm a smaller-ship kind of person, I chose the Liberty for the family cruise because of all the extra features to Wow the grandkids.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We have a good-size family group sailing on the Liberty in three weeks and I've never been on a Freedom-class ship, so this was a great opportunity to get a feel for what to expect. Although I'm a smaller-ship kind of person, I chose the Liberty for the family cruise because of all the extra features to Wow the grandkids.

You chose a great ship class for the kids! If the ship gets too crowded, it is usually pretty quiet on deck 4. There is shuffleboard and many chairs for relaxation in the breeze outside. Enjoy your adventure! :)

We are cruising on the Indy for Thanksgiving. Thanks for this amazing review! I know I will be referencing it many a time before we cruise. Awesome tips too!!

We're also cruising on the Indy over Thanksgiving! Reading this review is making it difficult to be patient!! lol

I love the pictures - thank you!!

I am on the Indy in 26 days for this same itinerary and this review was just amazing, great pictures, great information, some new drink ideas. My wife and I will be celebrating our 7th Wedding Anniversary on board and i showed her this entire review and she just got so excited from everything you posted and talked about. Thank you for taking the time (reviews can be exhausting), means a lot!!!

I am on the Indy in 26 days for this same itinerary and this review was just amazing, great pictures, great information, some new drink ideas. My wife and I will be celebrating our 7th Wedding Anniversary on board and i showed her this entire review and she just got so excited from everything you posted and talked about. Thank you for taking the time (reviews can be exhausting), means a lot!!!

Thank you for your kind words! Enjoy your anniversary... It is the best way to celebrate anything special. :)

• 3 months later...
Thanks for a great review. We will be sailing in an aft cabin on Indy in April 2015, so I am trying to learn all I can about her before we sail. Your tips and pictures were great. :D

Glad you enjoyed it. Have fun planning! :)

• 4 weeks later...