Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I've sailed in a Spa Mini on Getaway and the noise from above was horrible (deck chairs being drug around at early hours) and significantly impacted our quality of sleep. If possible, I'd try to get a cabin with cabins above vs public spaces, as others have advised.

I was going to reference this same cruise! lol It didn't help that I had a head cold as well, but the dragging around of deck chairs at 4:30/5am was not a pleasant wake up call....ugh

Hi all,

I'm considering a Spa Balcony stateroom on deck 15, but I'm concerned about overhead noise (light and late sleeper) because the deck above has the fitness center, pool, sun deck and Garden Cafe. I fear alot of chair moving noise and footsteps in the mornings.

Any perspective from others who have sailed the same class ship?

Thanks!

Lynne

If you take a look at this site & use the drag feature, you can see what is above the cabin you are considering. Port side has other cabins, starboard, the spa, salon & fitness center forward. Midship, there is the sun deck ,like people have said, very noisy in the AM.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Escape&zoom=1

I just hope the plans are accurate, because it shows a cabin above me.:)

Yes, it uses one of your SDP nights unless you call the back and try to pay full price outright and keep your night. It's been a frequently discussed issue on the CC boards and some people have gotten a favorable outcome by speaking to a supervisor at NCL.

I paid 23 Per person for the supper club and I have the UDP. I wonder if I was charged correctly?

Was that for the premium seats or the less expensive regular seating? Are they 25 percent discounted with the SDP?

With SDP there is a $15 upcharge ($17.70 with gratuity) plus the use of one of your SDP meals. It is cheaper to book without using SDP. However, the person who asked the question has the former UDP which gives a 25% discount. That price sounds right.

What rooms were you in so I can avoid it? We were on Getaway Spa Mini Suite Room 14162 under the pool area and didn't hear a sound all week. Next time on Getway, we will be in 14150 and on Escape will be in 15756. Both these rooms are under the pool deck but farther away from the pool. We like being near the elevators/stairs for quick access to many areas.

I've sailed in a Spa Mini on Getaway and the noise from above was horrible (deck chairs being drug around at early hours) and significantly impacted our quality of sleep. If possible, I'd try to get a cabin with cabins above vs public spaces, as others have advised.

I was going to reference this same cruise! lol It didn't help that I had a head cold as well, but the dragging around of deck chairs at 4:30/5am was not a pleasant wake up call....ugh

What rooms were you in so I can avoid it? We were on Getaway Spa Mini Suite Room 14162 under the pool area and didn't hear a sound all week. Next time on Getway, we will be in 14150 and on Escape will be in 15756. Both these rooms are under the pool deck but farther away from the pool. We like being near the elevators/stairs for quick access to many areas.

I honestly can't remember our stateroom. But I'm pretty sure we were near the stairs.....

Puddles just told me it was 14168 - so not near the stairs at all. It's good to have friends lol

Edited by laurabegorrah

das-wasser-im-pool-der-quot-norwegian-escape-quot_full.jpg

Main pool, with screens (left and not visible on the right) near the podium.

edit; found the source, http://www.noz.de/lokales/papenburg/artikel/614345/norwegian-escape-erhalt-in-papenburg-letzten-schliff#gallery&54747&0&614345

News item is from 2 days ago.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

das-wasser-im-pool-der-quot-norwegian-escape-quot_full.jpg

Main pool, with screens (left and not visible on the right) near the podium.

edit; found the source, http://www.noz.de/lokales/papenburg/artikel/614345/norwegian-escape-erhalt-in-papenburg-letzten-schliff#gallery&54747&0&614345

News item is from 2 days ago.

I am so happy to see those sticky outie things there in the low part of the pool!

If not the potential noise the really large overhang will be an issue I fear. It is quite extended, larger than BA/GA. Great if you like shade, not so great if you enjoy some direct sunlight on your balcony.

Just an heads up. :)

MORE NORWEGIAN ESCAPE NEWS !!!!

When Norwegian Escape makes her maiden voyage in November, the ship will feature unprecedented dining, beverage and entertainment options-- and now, luxurious shopping with two dazzling name-brand boutiques.

The two boutiques – LACOSTE and Carolina Herrera – will be the first at sea for each acclaimed brand, as well as the first boutiques to be designed specifically for a Norwegian Cruise Line ship.

These new offerings are the latest of several that are shaping Norwegian Escape into one of the most sensational cruise ships at sea, with other alliances including Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville; James Beard Award-winning Iron Chef Jose Garces; Michael Mondavi Family Wines; Tony Award-winning Broadway musicals After Midnight and Million Dollar Quartet; and more. “These exclusive boutiques from two legendary fashion industry icons add further glamour to one of the most exciting cruise ships ever built,” said Andy Stuart, Norwegian Cruise Line’s president and chief operating officer. “LACOSTE and Carolina Herrera will offer Norwegian Escape guests a shopping experience unlike any at sea.”

More than 80 years after its founding, LACOSTE continues to be a sport inspired lifestyle brand renowned for elegance and comfort. Famous for its iconic polo shirt, LACOSTE offers sportswear apparel for men and women, as well as footwear, eyewear, watches, fragrances, leather goods, and other items.

The LACOSTE boutique aboard Norwegian Escape will include a wide assortment of clothing items, including signature polos, t-shirts, dresses, skirts, footwear, and accessories.

Carolina Herrera is an international fashion house recognized for timeless elegance and refinement. From fashion and accessories to fragrances, the brand embodies the creative vision established by founder, Carolina Herrera, over three decades ago. The Carolina Herrera boutique aboard Norwegian Escape will include beautiful, hand-selected luxury products, including handbags, leather goods, pashminas, scarves, jewelry, footwear and accessories.

In addition to dedicated boutiques, Norwegian Escape will feature further retail from widely-recognized brands including, but not limited to, Hublot, Bvlgari, Tissot and Uno de 50. The ship will be the first to introduce Ulysse Nardin watches, as well as a hand-picked collection of Columbian Emeralds, also exclusive to Norwegian Escape.

Norwegian Escape, soon to be the largest ship in the Norwegian Cruise Line fleet, will sail weekly seven-day cruises from her year-round homeport of Miami to the Eastern Caribbean beginning on November 14, 2015. The 164,600 gross ton ship will be the largest ever to home port year-round in Miami, carrying 4,200 guests to tropical Caribbean destinations including St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; Tortola, British Virgin Islands and Nassau, Bahamas.