Cruise Line Changes itinerary --- passengers upset

firerunner

[quote name='Thebosn1']Which ship?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I have not seen an article yet that gave the name of the Coast Guard cutter as of yet. It has only been referred to as a Coast Guard cutter. Maybe someone else has and can name it. Edited by Out to sea!

[quote name='Rudyard']I believe they actually have to make it to dry land[/quote]

Yes, that's true.
A few years back, a group landed on a piling to a bridge in the Keys. Unfortunately, it was an old bridge that had chunks taken out of it - the section they clung to did not "attach" to land anymore, so they were sent home. It was quite a big deal, because technically the bridge is under US control, yet it didn't touch land. It was very sad.

Before I moved to South Florida, I really had no idea what these people go through to get to the U.S. I have now heard first-hand accounts, and it's very humbling to hear these stories.

What I also learned is that even if Haitian refugees do make it to dry land, they are not allowed to stay, because they are "only fleeing poverty, not tyranny".

ETA: it seems that a sick child and parents were actually allowed to stay
[url]http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2014/03/after_carnival_ecstasy_rescue.html[/url] Edited by Bibble

I call this 'self entitlement'. Its all about time and only them. Its seems that certain, not all, people value their fun over the lives of others.

Would I be disappointed if I had booked a certain itinerary only to have it changed on me. YES I would.

But I know things happen and I would say, "oh well, time to move on." I know because I've been there and done that. More than once.