st martin tours , I need help fast leaving at end of week.

wwc

thanks for the help, are you allowed to bring the free drinks from the tour with you on the beach ?

Did you get to see the big plans at Maho in the short time you are there?

Unfortunately, you may not bring drinks from the bus onto the beach unless you already have it and are drinking it. He was pretty specific, stating once we arrived at the beach, the cooler would be closed until we arrived back on the bus.

Some bars along the beach offer a free drink or two along with the cushioned lounges/umbrellas, but I don't know which. We got 2 lounges & and umbrella for $30 but no free drink was included.

As far as watching big planes, Bernard's Tours knows when these come in and will try to be certain you are there when the big ones come, which is close to 2pm. Whether you see it will depend on whether the other people with whom you travel will be considerate enough to be back on the bus on time to move to the next stop. On our last trip, everyone was back at the bus on time and we were able to be at Maho Beach on time and saw some decent planes come & go. Unfortunately, a few years ago when I was on this tour, there were some inconsiderate people who got way plastered during the tour and lost all track of time. During our shopping stop, they did not come back and our tour guide had to go and look for them and bring them back to the bus. For the most part, people usually behave themselves on these tours though.

As far as the iguana stop, the iguana guy had to move his operation b/c of government red tape so that was not on our tour last time. It will not reopen until June/July so that will allow you more time at other stops.

you can hire a taxi for an entire day if you want and make your tour, that's what we do. Maho Beach is not to be missed! If you have a good driver as them the check the flight schedules and if you can make a landing of one of KLM's 747's is AWESOME! French Bakery should be on your list - we love Sarafina's! - Link below give info on the bakery.

http://www.rumtherapy.com/2013/03/sarafina’s-bakery-marigot-st-martin/

You can book a taxi and driver in advance check out St Maarten Taxi Association. link below.

http://www.sxmairporttaxis.com

So you didn't have any problems with this taxi service? We want to tour the island, but at our own pace and not be rushed with a tour group. Will they take you anywhere? We want to go to Maho Beach and Marigot. Also, is the price pretty reasonable? We have a group of ten. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So you didn't have any problems with this taxi service? We want to tour the island, but at our own pace and not be rushed with a tour group. Will they take you anywhere? We want to go to Maho Beach and Marigot. Also, is the price pretty reasonable? We have a group of ten. Thanks

With a group of 10, you can take a private tour with Bernard's Tours, price should be reasonable divided by 10. You tell them where you want to go, what you want to do and for how long. Bernard is very accommodating when doing a private tour. You will enjoy your day in paradise.

With a group of 10, you can take a private tour with Bernard's Tours, price should be reasonable divided by 10. You tell them where you want to go, what you want to do and for how long. Bernard is very accommodating when doing a private tour. You will enjoy your day in paradise.

I didn't realize Bernard's did private tours. I just thought we would be stuck doing a set schedule all day and didn't really want to do that. I will check into it. Thanks for the info!

We did this last November and loved it. 6 hour tour seeing about 3/4 of the island by speed boat. Captain Mike is great!

http://www.boat-charter-stmartin.com/show_tours.php?region_id=1

We are considering Robinson's Tours. What specifically did you love about your day? Any photo's to share?

Has anyone booked with Soualiga Destinations or Pirates? All these boat tours seem similar. Is one better than the other?

We are booked with soualiga in 2 weeks so I can let u know how it goes

We booked with them vs Robinson due to the higher rating on trip advisor plus bob was much better and clearer at emailing than mike. He answered my questions quickly and more thoroughly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are booked with soualiga in 2 weeks so I can let u know how it goes

We booked with them vs Robinson due to the higher rating on trip advisor plus bob was much better and clearer at emailing than mike. He answered my questions quickly and more thoroughly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would love to hear how your experience was with Captain Bob. I know these boat tours fill up quickly. How far in advance did you need to book?

We are considering Robinson's Tours. What specifically did you love about your day? Any photo's to share?

Has anyone booked with Soualiga Destinations or Pirates? All these boat tours seem similar. Is one better than the other?

Captain Mike was very personable and we enjoyed our day with him. HIs boat was fantastic and he was supposed to be getting a new and faster boat so he may have that by now. I did a review on Tripadvisor under the name Sunset Glow and posted a couple of pictures.

The reason we chose Robinson's over Captain Bob was a lot of recent reviews I read for captain Bob reported that he was really busy and instead of turning people away he was adding other boats that were not his. And some of these boats were reported as a big disappointment as they were not the same type of speed boat and not as fast. I don't know how much of this is true - I'm just going by what I read. We didn't want to take a chance on getting "the slow boat" so we booked with Captain Mike. The day we went we did have a large group from our roll call and Captain Mike did add a second boat but assured us it was the same type of boat and it was.

One of my favorite beaches is Karakter beach which borders the Airport on the other side from Maho beach. Check it out online - free wifi and great food and best of all no vendors and folks wanting to braid your hair. If you buy a drink or food, the chairs and umbrella are free. Get there early, make a lunch reservation if that appeals, and arrange a cab to take you to Maho in the afternoon for a while. Leave plenty of time to get back to the ship because of the traffic.

What does it cost to do get there by taxi? Is there any natural shade? Any specific food you recommend?

Captain Mike was very personable and we enjoyed our day with him. HIs boat was fantastic and he was supposed to be getting a new and faster boat so he may have that by now. I did a review on Tripadvisor under the name Sunset Glow and posted a couple of pictures.

The reason we chose Robinson's over Captain Bob was a lot of recent reviews I read for captain Bob reported that he was really busy and instead of turning people away he was adding other boats that were not his. And some of these boats were reported as a big disappointment as they were not the same type of speed boat and not as fast. I don't know how much of this is true - I'm just going by what I read. We didn't want to take a chance on getting "the slow boat" so we booked with Captain Mike. The day we went we did have a large group from our roll call and Captain Mike did add a second boat but assured us it was the same type of boat and it was.

I have read the same type of reviews about Captain Bob--with him adding other boats to his tour. I had emailed both Captain Mike and Captain Bob and so far I have received two emails from Captain Mike--one informing me that he was in St. Barts and will answer my inquiries when he gets back and then within a few hours after that he got back to me and answered all my questions and even included a little map showing where Chesterfield Marina is in location to the cruise terminal. Meanwhile, it is 2 days later and I have not heard anything yet from Captain Bob. I am impressed with the customer service and quickness of Captain Mike's replies thus far and at this point I plan on booking with him.

I read your review on Trip Advisor. It sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day in St. Maarten. Where you able to specifically request Captain Mike? Did you have lunch on Pinel Island? What did you think about the lunch?

I have read the same type of reviews about Captain Bob--with him adding other boats to his tour. I had emailed both Captain Mike and Captain Bob and so far I have received two emails from Captain Mike--one informing me that he was in St. Barts and will answer my inquiries when he gets back and then within a few hours after that he got back to me and answered all my questions and even included a little map showing where Chesterfield Marina is in location to the cruise terminal. Meanwhile, it is 2 days later and I have not heard anything yet from Captain Bob. I am impressed with the customer service and quickness of Captain Mike's replies thus far and at this point I plan on booking with him.

I read your review on Trip Advisor. It sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day in St. Maarten. Where you able to specifically request Captain Mike? Did you have lunch on Pinel Island? What did you think about the lunch?

I had the same experience as you with captain Mike and his customer service. I did request to be in his boat but the other boat stayed with us all day and they had a great time too. Same type of boat.

Lunch was good - basic BBQ - ribs, chicken, etc. we ate on Pinel island.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I enjoyed Robinson tour in February. Although we booked months early we were asssigned to Captain Sam. the boats were identical and we rode in tandem. captain Mike had not received his new boat at the time of our trip. there was even a third boat with a Captain Chris. We had an incredible day. the food on Pinel was great--ribs or chicken. someone on Captain Chris said they had the choice of fish. we could not take the free drinks into the restaraunts. The drinks on Pinel were not cheap similar to ship prices but they packed a punch. you cannot go wrong with either tou. It was the highlight of out cruise

I am disappointed. Roberson speed boat is fullybbook. Now I am back to square one. I really look forward to the trip. :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

try Pirate tours captain Chris and Tyrrel run those tours

SR5242 - I hope you'll let us know how your cruise with Capt Bob goes. I have just reserved two spots for our cruise in January and would love to hear about your experience - Happy sailing!

SR5242 - I hope you'll let us know how your cruise with Capt Bob goes. I have just reserved two spots for our cruise in January and would love to hear about your experience - Happy sailing!

Will do- very excited and wish next Saturdays sailing would get here already!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

well we took Bernards and it is a very good tour to go with.

we had simon and he was nice but could have made the group more fun instead of all history.

we had several fuddy duds that didn't like going to the beach or airport beach and complained alot , I don't know why they book the tour.

we had a good time anyway.

I would for sure go with them again.

but i would request someone who is more lively