Anyone else struggling with these Southern itinearies?

KPfromCT

We were the same way...as soon as we saw the itinerary, we booked right away! But once we started researching the ports, we decided it really wasn't for us! We love to snorkel, and the western offers some of the best snorkel spots!

So you changed?????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you changed?????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did! We really were not impressed with snorkeling tours for the southern...we're going the end of April and want to spend a lot of time in the water, so we switched...this will be our fifth time doing the western itinerary!

Happy Sunday, fellow CC'ers:D:D:D

We are finally doing our dream itinerary on the Breeze, in July.

But, MAN, I am STRUGGLING with what to do.

We are travelling with our friends, so there will be (4) in their mid-forties, and then our DD's, who are 15.

We just like NICE beaches, with chairs, umbrellas, snacks, and drinks.

We are easy to please.....:D

And we also like to do the normal souvenier shops, ie; t-shirt, magnets, keychains, etc.

Grand Turk, no problem. Margartiaville/Jack's Shack

Dominican- NO CLUE!!!!!

Curacao (weird hours) 2-11 Would like to do some beach time and then freshen up on the ship, and head back out for drinks, overlooking the ship all lit up at night.

Aruba-Sounds like Palm Beach is the "FUN" beach, but WHERE?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you, ALL!!!!!!

In Dominican check out Seavis Tours. We had a great time there and one of the most memorable times. In Curacao we did Irie tours. It was really cheap and we had a great time.

Edited by Mizzouaholic

Happy Sunday, fellow CC'ers:D:D:D

We are finally doing our dream itinerary on the Breeze, in July.

But, MAN, I am STRUGGLING with what to do.

We are travelling with our friends, so there will be (4) in their mid-forties, and then our DD's, who are 15.

We just like NICE beaches, with chairs, umbrellas, snacks, and drinks.

We are easy to please.....:D

And we also like to do the normal souvenier shops, ie; t-shirt, magnets, keychains, etc.

Grand Turk, no problem. Margartiaville/Jack's Shack

Dominican- NO CLUE!!!!!

Curacao (weird hours) 2-11 Would like to do some beach time and then freshen up on the ship, and head back out for drinks, overlooking the ship all lit up at night.

Aruba-Sounds like Palm Beach is the "FUN" beach, but WHERE?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you, ALL!!!!!!

As far as beaches go (we also like a nice beach day and try one in almost every port):

In Curacao, I can recommend taking a taxi to Playa Porto Marie. It's about a 30-min. cab ride but well worth it IMO. Very nice clean facilities and the most quaint, quiet beach with chairs and umbrellas and a nice open-air bar for food and drinks. I have photos, but they don't do this place justice.

We went to Palm Beach in Aruba, and it was super crowded as far down the beach as we could see. It's nice but too commercialized for our liking. We would try Baby Beach if we were to go back there.

In the DR, we spent the day at LaRomana Resort on a day pass, and it was very nice. Also about 1/2 hour by taxi. We liked it so much that we recommended it to a couple looking for an all-inclusive for their honeymoon, and they loved it.

Back in December there were 7 of us who the son drove back to the port area. Each person gave $3 or $4, so he received somewhere between $21-$25 for his time and hospitality. The vehicle in which we rode was a mini van with three rows of seats.

thanks

the sunshine out of PC is doing an 8 day southern we booked: aruba, Curacao and GT

For those who are frugal - In the Dominican Republic if you like to experience the culture of the island you visit you can take a public bus (call guagua) to Bayahibe Beach for $2 or less per person. You exit the Cruise area walk the dirt road next to the ball fields and head over the bridge into town. There are guagua's there waiting to take people to Bayahibe. It is quite the experience. They use 15 person vans that squeeze at least that many into them. Bayahibe is a cute town (my opinion). Stopped in supermarket got a beer and huge bottled water for $3. US. We then walked down towards the water and ask where the beach was. People very friendly and helpful. Spent the day there drinking and sunning - very economical. Beautiful area. Dreams resort is on the same beach. At the end of the day we walked back into town, grabbed a few beers and water for the ride back. Totally enjoyed the experience. Honestly, I was a little scared to do this at first because of everything I heard about the Dominican Republic but I would do it again. Most people there are friendly and just trying to earn a living.

In Curacao, we like to sightsee on foot, shop, grab a drink from one of the sidewalk cafes, etc. As long as everyone in your party is relatively fit, it is an easy walk from the ship to the downtown area where there are shops and restaurants. There is also the pontoon bridge which is a must-see. We were just in Curacao back in December and we did our sightseeing during the day and later on had dinner ashore. The buildings are all painted different colors, so there are great photo opportunities. After dark, these colorful buildings along the water are all lit up, providing yet another cool photo op. Two years ago when I was in Curacao we did go to a beach, but I can't remember the name. But it was easy to get to. If you walk across the pontoon bridge from the ship, you can grab a taxi to take you to this beach. It is not far from the downtown area. I will do a search online to find the name of the beach and report back.

Take a day away from the beach and do this. It is a very unique town. The streets are beautiful and so colorful. The cafe that overlooks the pontoon bridge is a great place to sit have a drink and watch the bridge swing open and closed. You can 'ride' the bridge if you like. I loved the look of the town so much I bought a watercolor.

In Aruba we took the public bus to the beaches at the very last stop (near California Lighthouse.) We hiked the road up to the lighthouse and enjoyed a great view of the Atlantic meeting the Caribbean. (Never did make it into the water at the beach.)