Anyone else struggling with these Southern itinearies?

KPfromCT

The nightclub is not open during the day. I have been there twice, and both times it was not crowded and most of the patrons seemed to be cruisers. The beach is beautiful and the water is calm and beautiful as well. It is very relaxing and the food is very good and reasonably priced. There are no water toys or other activities, but there is a nice pool. So, if your teenagers are the type who like to sunbathe, swim, and relax at the beach and enjoy a nice lunch served to them on their lounge chair, then I'd say that they would enjoy it. Keep in mind that you don't have to spend all day at Reflections. We did a few hours there, and then went shopping afterwards at the downtown area near where the ship docks.

Another great thing about Reflections is that the owner's son will drive your party back to the port for free, you just tip him. Can't beat the service there.

we normally tip minimum of 20% for a cab, any thoughts on what would be 'fair' tip in this case?

I'm struggling with the same issues, we're only going to Curacao, Aruba and GT.

My Mom wants to do a site seeing tour of Aruba because that's where she and my late father went on their honeymoon (46 years ago tomorrow coincidentally). But Curacao and GT I am struggling with.

Nathan doesn't have a website only a phone number

In Curacao we're also there from 2-10.

I put together this list of things I've found...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KwF_LzKN2H7PPXTfjAiXlMrJWuLSfuAdUrCuVEy9IOk/edit?usp=sharing

But I'm still stuck. I've read some things on a sunset catamaran with snorkeling in Curacao which I would like to do (and mom can stay on the boat as she usually does :D).

Aruba I would rather do a private tour... There are things Mom wants to see and see how they've changed in 46 years (I'm going through pictures of their honeymoon to try and figure out places they went to take before and after pictures).

Grand Turk I would like to see the island but I've never driven in a foreign country, I've read you don't need an international license there but still.

Edited by debee1015

we normally tip minimum of 20% for a cab, any thoughts on what would be 'fair' tip in this case?

Back in December there were 7 of us who the son drove back to the port area. Each person gave $3 or $4, so he received somewhere between $21-$25 for his time and hospitality. The vehicle in which we rode was a mini van with three rows of seats.

Thanks everybody!!!!:D:D

So far, this is what we've decided:

Grand Turk: Margaritaville/Jack's Shack

Dominican: Seavis Tour to Sanoa Island

Aruba: PROBABLY Reflections (Nikki Beach)

Curacao: Still no clue:confused::confused::confused: This freaking island is throwing me for a loop!

It just blows me away that we have been DYING to do this itinerary, and now have NO CLUE what to do.:confused::confused:

Why do you have to do anything?? Relax and enjoy :):cool:

The only downside to this intenerays is 1. Galveston is 1hr away from the closest airport which would be Houston and airfare would probably me more expensive. One way to Houston and San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only downside to this intenerays is 1. Galveston is 1hr away from the closest airport which would be Houston and airfare would probably me more expensive. One way to Houston and San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only ships doing this itinerary, are out of FL.:confused:

Breeze-Miami

Freedom-Ft. Lauderdale

Liberty-Miami/Pt. Canaveral

Have you checked the Ports of Call forum yet?

I have.....it's just SO dead over there!!!! Get much better advice here.:D

Plus, a lot of those posts are OLD.:mad:

I definitely got some ideas over there, but not enough to go on.

The only ships doing this itinerary, are out of FL.:confused:

Breeze-Miami

Freedom-Ft. Lauderdale

Liberty-Miami/Pt. Canaveral

No longer true!!!

Carnival has blessed the Texans with 4 trips to and from San Juan on the Truimph.

Oct 24, 2015 through Nov 4th to San Juan. Returning to Galveston Nov 4th through Nov 14th.

My sister and I booked back to back on the Jan 16, 2016 trip returning to Galveston Feb 6th. 21 wonderful days cruising the Caribbean. We get to visit 13 different ports

Edited by flounder315

We're going on this same itinerary in Apr. Our plans so far are:

Grand Turk - Jacks Shack (don't forget his free rum coupon)

La Romana - Saona Cruise Special (boat ride/sightseeing, snorkeling, lunch, etc)

Curacao - Irie Tours (only $25 pp - 4hr tour of the island)

Aruba - jeep rental to tour the island then bum it at the beach - Eagle Beach. You can also take a cab to MVC Eagle Beach and just hang out there.

Good luck!

We did the all the above tours as well :)

Thanks for this thread!

We're sailing this cruise on April 12th and I was still undecided on some excursions.

I booked Jolly Pirates today, have Irie tours already booked and I'm considering the DR tour you all are talking about, I'd like a beach day in Grand Turk.

You made my planning easier!

Thanks for this thread!

We're sailing this cruise on April 12th and I was still undecided on some excursions.

I booked Jolly Pirates today, have Irie tours already booked and I'm considering the DR tour you all are talking about, I'd like a beach day in Grand Turk.

You made my planning easier!

Have a great cruise!!!!:D:D:D

Make sure you tell me all about it.....I'll live vicariously through all of you until July 4th gets here. lol

Enjoy!!!!!

It just blows me away that we have been DYING to do this itinerary, and now have NO CLUE what to do.:confused::confused:

We were the same way...as soon as we saw the itinerary, we booked right away! But once we started researching the ports, we decided it really wasn't for us! We love to snorkel, and the western offers some of the best snorkel spots!