Website having problems AGAIN ?

One should never look to the RCCL website to be helpful from late Saturday evening until some time into Sunday. Saturday nights are when they do their merging and maintenance and is inaccessible.

Edited by KarinaGW

there is a huge deal with the kids sail free,free upgrade, 50 dollar deposit ending tomorrow... its pretty jammed up, and the phone lines are 20 minute waits. Patience :) Call Tuesday :)

Only 20 min wait

Wow you are doing well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Problems with the web page continue. Unable to do bookings online.

Just call the phone number that is shown on their website. You get really good service over the phone, and it's no different than booking online. The only time you wouldn't be able to deal directly with RCCL is if you go through a private TA. :)

Just call the phone number that is shown on their website. You get really good service over the phone, and it's no different than booking online. The only time you wouldn't be able to deal directly with RCCL is if you go through a private TA. :)

Thanks but I do prefer to be able to access the web page and do reservations online. What I wish to know is why it is not possible to book online anymore. I am sure there are helpful people when we call but why the web site does not allow to continue with a booking after choosing the cabin category.

I would appreciate if someone from Royal answers this question.

Thanks but I do prefer to be able to access the web page and do reservations online. What I wish to know is why it is not possible to book online anymore. I am sure there are helpful people when we call but why the web site does not allow to continue with a booking after choosing the cabin category.

Good luck with that. There are two organizations that I NEVER consider going to when looking for answers to questions regarding their specialty; The IRS for answers to tax questions and Royal Caribbean for just about anything related to an upcoming cruise.

Based on my experience, if the problem you are encoutering with RCI and/or their web site is even remotely complicated you are likely to get 10 different answers/solutions if you ask 10 different people for help. And forget about getting an answer via email. I sent an email asking a question in early October of last year. I received the typical "got your email" response stating someone would be contacting me. As I type this it is April 9...still waiting for that "someone" to demonstrate they are among the living. If they ever do respond I will see how their answer stacks up to the answer I got from a few people we know who have sailed with them extensively.

Edited by TC1957

Good luck with that. There are two organizations that I NEVER consider going to when looking for answers to questions regarding their specialty; The IRS for answers to tax questions and Royal Caribbean for just about anything related to an upcoming cruise.

Based on my experience, if the problem you are encoutering with RCI and/or their web site is even remotely complicated you are likely to get 10 different answers/solutions if you ask 10 different people for help. And forget about getting an answer via email. I sent an email asking a question in early October of last year. I received the typical "got your email" response stating someone would be contacting me. As I type this it is April 9...still waiting for that "someone" to demonstrate they are among the living. If they ever do respond I will see how their answer stacks up to the answer I got from a few people we know who have sailed with them extensively.

I have tought that RCI monitors this forums. I hope they do and try to answer the question.

On the mean time, I have contacted Crown and Anchor and a very friendly lady, asked me to describe the problem and she would pass it to the IT department.

Interesting. They do it at the Celebrity site.

Sorry, let me put it another way: no one here posts as an employee or manager or representative of RCI in an official capacity. I know there are some cruise ship employees, past and present, who post on the other boards, but I have never seen an "official" post here, if that makes sense. :)

Hi travelberlin,

Could you provide some more information on what sailing or itinerary you are trying to book? We went through a booking on the site and we're not seeing any problems, so if you can provide more details about your trip we can walk through the booking process on our end.