Cost of Specialty Restaurants

So here's the confirmation from royal. My dining pkg was $50 pp. each resturant booked separately would be 25 for chops 20 for Giovanni and Izumi will be alacarte with a 20 credit towards the cost of what is ordered. Total price if booked seperate 65. Discount would be 23%. So I am getting at least a 20% discount. Provided hubby and I eat 40 worth of food at Izumi since we have never been there I am not sure. But excited to try it. I heard lots of good things.

That is how I thought it would work out. Glad you were able to get it sorted out and obtain the best possible deal.

As far as Izumi goes; consider it as really having a $30 credit for the food since $10 goes towards your cover charges.

We ate in Izumi in March and we shared a chicken appetizer, I got the steak hot rock and a california roll, my wife had a good sized Tuna sampler sushi platter (I think...it was definitely a good sized portion at least). We shared the dessert sampler. We did not order drinks. Soybeans and soup were served complimentary. Our ending bill had a balance that we had to pay of $6. So using up the credit should not be a big issue there.

Specialty dining on Vision is a very good value. The information provided in the booking window is very poor for Vision. They have not updated the listing ever since adding specialty dining last October.

The Chef's Table is only $65 now and is normally $95 on other ships.

Chop's is only $25 now and is normally $35 on other ships.

The Izumi credit is $20 ($5 cover/ $15 food)

Giovanni's is the normal $20, but mentioned to be going up to $25 on other ships.

So the $50 Royal Choice package includes a $65 value on Vision.

The $105 Chef's Table package provides a $130 value on Vision.

Oddly, they have the Chef's table package even available on both the 3 night re-positioning cruise from Panama and the 4 night Cozumel sailing. Not easy to dine in 4 venues in 3 nights.

They had the packages available onboard and dining times was no problem at all on the 2 sailings I have already done on Vision since the re-fit.

Thank you. I'm going to book it before the price goes up!

By the way since you have are at the specialty resturants on vision. How were they.

Glad it worked out.

As with all experiences, if I wanted to pick it apart, I could find flaws with all of the venues. I am just the type that really enjoys specialty dining. I am fortunate enough to get to enjoy many ships and venues and find something positive with all of my experiences.

Chops, pretty standard steak house fare with all the expectations met.

Giovanni's, excellent service with nice varied menu. I have now dined with them about 10 times across the fleet and always really enjoy it. The problem for me is the portions are too large as I prefer to sample several dishes.

Izumi, Not a fan of 'hot rocks'. (Give me a nice Korean grill in the center of the table with assisted grilling by server and I am all for it.) So, I do everything 'al a carte' and do not choose the set menus that are great value. That makes my visits to Izumi a little pricier, but they did a wonderful job with my special orders. While I ordered from the menu on Vision, I had the best experience at an Izumi when it had just opened on Serenade and they made me a 'sampler' meal. I am not sure if this is possible on every ship.

Chef's Table - very good value on Vision. I have done it on 4 ships and it is always entertaining and like to give the signed books as gifts. I like experiences, not food, and this concept appeals to me. The food is average to good, but the chef and server add to the experience, making it a value. The wine pairings are average to good as well, but make for a nice evening.