Cost of Specialty Restaurants

Please Note: That on some ship's Portofino is $20 per person on others it's $25 per person. When making a reservation, state that you saw it on Royals website or on another ship for $20 per person. They will adjust pricing to $20 per person if your ship is charging $25.

For the restaurants that state they are ala carte but have a $3 or $5 dining fee, do you pay separately for each appetizer, entree, dessert, etc? Other restaurants like Chops seem to just have one price that includes all courses. On Celebrity, for Bistro on 5 there was a $5 charge but nothing else was extra except for drinks.

For the restaurants that state they are ala carte but have a $3 or $5 dining fee, do you pay separately for each appetizer, entree, dessert, etc? Other restaurants like Chops seem to just have one price that includes all courses. On Celebrity, for Bistro on 5 there was a $5 charge but nothing else was extra except for drinks.

Yes, restaurants like Izumi have a cover charge and additional charges for every item ordered.

Best option was to get the specialty dininig package.. I think it was $55 a person, all three restaurants on granduer... so worth it, SO GOOD!

I just figured out that it really isn't worth it. The advertisement stated savings of at least 20% we paid 50$ for chops, Giovanni,and izumi. If I bought these restaurants separately I would have paid $45

So the pkg cost me $5 more. I'm calling tomorrow to cancel or ask for their advertised 20% discount. Just want you to check the price and really make sure you're getting the advertised deal.

I just figured out that it really isn't worth it. The advertisement stated savings of at least 20% we paid 50$ for chops, Giovanni,and izumi. If I bought these restaurants separately I would have paid $45

So the pkg cost me $5 more. I'm calling tomorrow to cancel or ask for their advertised 20% discount. Just want you to check the price and really make sure you're getting the advertised deal.

You are just very wrong about the separate costs of these three restaurants. Please check your facts before making that phone call.

I tried booking this on Vision also. The website doesn't say how much you get towards dinner at Izumi or if only the cover charge is included. If it's just the cover charge then there is no discount at all in purchasing the package. In fact, you risk not getting reservations when you want them because you have to wait to board to book 2 of the restaurants. We did this on Allure and I think the package included $15pp to spend at Izumi. Let us know what you find out. :)

Be forewarned that the prices listed here are no longer valid after May 1st, at least on Oasis class. After May 1st, Giovanni's increases to $25 pp and Chops increases to $35 pp. Also, the dining packages are no longer offered effective May 1st. Finally, the character breakfasts go from free to $10 pp effective May 1st. Again, this is for Oasis class, not sure about other ships.

Check your math.

Chops itself is $30 (old menu) or $35 for the new menu. I believe Vision will have the old menu.

Giovanni's itself is $20. So that's your $50 right there.

The Izumi credit is $20; $5 goes towards cover so you effectively have another $15 to spend on food.

Basically you get $30 to spend on food at Izumi for "free" by paying for the other two. It's a pretty good deal. Booking times on board is not an issue, you do not have to sweat it or rush / run around to do it.

The website doesn't say how much you get towards dinner at Izumi or if only the cover charge is included.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5215

Direct from RCI Website:

Q: How does the package work with Izumi since it is priced a la carte? s.gif A: Package guests will receive $20 per person credit towards their meal in Izumi which will be reflected as a discount on their check. Charges over $20 will be presented for payment by the guest at the end of the meal; charges $20 per person or less will require no additional payment. Guests will not be refunded for the unused portion of their $20 per person credit.

You are just very wrong about the separate costs of these three restaurants. Please check your facts before making that phone call.

I am not wrong

Chops = 25

Giovanni = 20

Izumi = 0

Total = 45.

I just figured it out by doing mock reservations and looking at the actual price. Maybe different on different ships but not envision in fact I already reserved izumi with confirmation at $0. Yes free.

I am not wrong

Chops = 25

Giovanni = 20

Izumi = 0

Total = 45.

I just figured it out by doing mock reservations and looking at the actual price. Maybe different on different ships but not envision in fact I already reserved izumi with confirmation at $0. Yes free.

Where are you getting that information from? Chops has not been $25 in a very long time. Izumi has a cover charge on most ships and then a la carte pricing. One or two ships there is no cover charge but the a la carte is higher priced. I assure you Izumi is not free.

Check your math.

Chops itself is $30 (old menu) or $35 for the new menu. I believe Vision will have the old menu.

Giovanni's itself is $20. So that's your $50 right there.

The Izumi credit is $20; $5 goes towards cover so you effectively have another $15 to spend on food.

Basically you get $30 to spend on food at Izumi for "free" by paying for the other two. It's a pretty good deal. Booking times on board is not an issue, you do not have to sweat it or rush / run around to do it.

I will let you know what happens tomorrow. I will call and confirm the actual costs with what I ready paid with the package. All I am saying is that based on the price when attempting to reserve each separately I pay less t h an with the package.

Where are you getting that information from? Chops has not been $25 in a very long time. Izumi has a cover charge on most ships and then a la carte pricing. One or two ships there is no cover charge but the a la carte is higher priced. I assure you Izumi is not free.

I am getting it from my reservation on vision of the seas. As I said I Wil call and confirm but I went into my reservation and booked the restaurants separately and that was the price I was given.

I am getting it from my reservation on vision of the seas. As I said I Wil call and confirm but I went into my reservation and booked the restaurants separately and that was the price I was given.

Hey, if you've got a printed confirmation and somehow got a better deal separately than by buying the package more power to you.

However what I think is going to happen is that all you have done is make a "reservation" for Izumi. It is not until you dine that you will be charged the $5 pp cover charge and then the a la carte pricing for food.

Also, I have not seen Chops that cheap in a long time on board a ship, although I could swear that I DID see it listed at $25 somewhere on the RCI website this week. There are definitely inconsistencies on their website; the Food and Beverage FAQ has some of the same questions repeated in different spots...different answers:rolleyes:

I already did check the price that's the reason I'm calling. Check back tomorrow and I'll post the outcome.

Hey, if you've got a printed confirmation and somehow got a better deal separately than by buying the package more power to you.

However what I think is going to happen is that all you have done is make a "reservation" for Izumi. It is not until you dine that you will be charged the $5 pp cover charge and then the a la carte pricing for food.

Also, I have not seen Chops that cheap in a long time on board a ship, although I could swear that I DID see it listed at $25 somewhere on the RCI website this week. There are definitely inconsistencies on their website; the Food and Beverage FAQ has some of the same questions repeated in different spots...different answers:rolleyes:

I agree that izumi has to be missing an important piece. Like no credit you pay ala carte. But for vision those are the other restaurants prices. I will fill you all in tomorrow.

I already did check the price that's the reason I'm calling. Check back tomorrow and I'll post the outcome.

Let us know.

It will go one of two ways; I am incorrect in my understanding and you scored a deal.

If I was right though simply cancel the separate reservations and book the package.

That would get you chops - 25, giovanni - 20, and the 5 izumi cover (total is $50, cost of the package). That still leaves you $15 credit towards food at Izumi. (I said $30 before assuming a couple).

So your $50 gets you $65 of buying power. 20% off of $65 is actually $52 so the package represents a bit over 20% savings vs a la carte.

Let us know, it's worth the call. I spotted an advertised deal that seemed "too good" and the website wouldn't let me book; I called and RCI honored their ad and booked for me at the reduced rate, so it does happen.

I tried booking this on Vision also. The website doesn't say how much you get towards dinner at Izumi or if only the cover charge is included. If it's just the cover charge then there is no discount at all in purchasing the package. In fact, you risk not getting reservations when you want them because you have to wait to board to book 2 of the restaurants. We did this on Allure and I think the package included $15pp to spend at Izumi. Let us know what you find out. :)

Specialty dining on Vision is a very good value. The information provided in the booking window is very poor for Vision. They have not updated the listing ever since adding specialty dining last October.

The Chef's Table is only $65 now and is normally $95 on other ships.

Chop's is only $25 now and is normally $35 on other ships.

The Izumi credit is $20 ($5 cover/ $15 food)

Giovanni's is the normal $20, but mentioned to be going up to $25 on other ships.

So the $50 Royal Choice package includes a $65 value on Vision.

The $105 Chef's Table package provides a $130 value on Vision.

Oddly, they have the Chef's table package even available on both the 3 night re-positioning cruise from Panama and the 4 night Cozumel sailing. Not easy to dine in 4 venues in 3 nights.

They had the packages available onboard and dining times was no problem at all on the 2 sailings I have already done on Vision since the re-fit.

I understand the confusion with Izumi. I see that it does show $0 on my booking window, but the credit in the packages is $20.

As you pay 'a la Carte' they then add the $3 lunch cover or $5 dinner cover per person to your check that is paid while dining.

If you have 2 packages, for instance, they will give you a total credit of $40. Two cover charges, depending on meal will be added to the check and the remainder of the $40 will remain toward your menu selections.

Thank you mad flyer. I am on hold right now to verify the Izumi piece. I will post if they ever answer. So far 53 minutes on hold. Good thing I am prepaying my tips as well. I don't think I would wait. Just to verify the cost of resturants. We have the pkg. I just wanted to see if it was indeed at least 20% off since the prices are so low in vision. By the way since you have are at the specialty resturants on vision. How were they.

So here's the confirmation from royal. My dining pkg was $50 pp. each resturant booked separately would be 25 for chops 20 for Giovanni and Izumi will be alacarte with a 20 credit towards the cost of what is ordered. Total price if booked seperate 65. Discount would be 23%. So I am getting at least a 20% discount. Provided hubby and I eat 40 worth of food at Izumi since we have never been there I am not sure. But excited to try it. I heard lots of good things.