Carry on allowance LHR- Houston

Reina del Mar

We are flying LHR to IAH to catch Navigator of Seas next week. Flights booked through RCCL with American Airlines, but code share British Airways. Very confused whether we can have BA carry on allowance or AA 's which is quite a lot smaller (dimension wise)

Anyone who has been in similar situation, please be kind enough to share your experience.

Please note I do not wish to be flamed for wanting a larger allowance !!!!!!!!!!!

The airline that matters for this is the actual airline you're flying on. So, if it's an AA plane, it's their allowance that applies; if it's a BA plane, then their allowance applies. The same applies for check-in.

The airline that matters for this is the actual airline you're flying on. So, if it's an AA plane, it's their allowance that applies; if it's a BA plane, then their allowance applies. The same applies for check-in.

Thank you...I was hoping someone might say that. We'll need larger carry ons for all the shoes I'll have to force myself to take!!

Howdy, Be sure to check cruise critic to keep current on Galveston port conditions. We have had a little problem with fog and a small oil spill this year. Also enjoy some fine BBQ in Galveston and have a great time.

Howdy, Be sure to check cruise critic to keep current on Galveston port conditions. We have had a little problem with fog and a small oil spill this year. Also enjoy some fine BBQ in Galveston and have a great time.

Thank you...we will enjoy Galveston. Saw the excitement caused by Navigator's delayed departure last week. Hope all will be well... And without fog by the time we get there. Any idea of the average April temperature please ?

Thank you...we will enjoy Galveston. Saw the excitement caused by Navigator's delayed departure last week. Hope all will be well... And without fog by the time we get there. Any idea of the average April temperature please ?

High temps are usually mid 70s to mid 80s. Thunderstorms are probable, but the good thing is that part of Texas is not in tornado alley. It is about 55 miles from George Bush ( not a big fan) International airport to Galveston port . We are looking forward to sailing out of Southhampton on your new assigned RCL ship. I have heard Southhampton is an easier trip from London then Harwich.

High temps are usually mid 70s to mid 80s. Thunderstorms are probable, but the good thing is that part of Texas is not in tornado alley. It is about 55 miles from George Bush ( not a big fan) International airport to Galveston port . We are looking forward to sailing out of Southhampton on your new assigned RCL ship. I have heard Southhampton is an easier trip from London then Harwich.

Yes, London to Southampton is quite an easy trip. I believe coaches direct to port are available. We travel from Wales which doesn't need to go through London so sorry can't be more specific. Coaches to Southampton port are with a company called Evesway....believe they feed the port from most parts of UK.

Yes, London to Southampton is quite an easy trip. I believe coaches direct to port are available. We travel from Wales which doesn't need to go through London so sorry can't be more specific. Coaches to Southampton port are with a company called Evesway....believe they feed the port from most parts of UK.

You're better off using http://www.nationalexpress.com for your trip from London to Southampton (Only 1 'H'). Eavesway coaches are more set up to taking Brits from around the UK to Southampton and will probably be more expensive. Also National Express will have numerous coaches running throughout the day. A word of warning, you need to use 'Southampton Coach Station' and NOT 'Southampton Cruise Terminal' that one is only for limited Fred Olson cruises.

Just checked both sites. Eavesway are charging £43 for a single from Heathrow Airport to Southampton. National Express on the 1st May (random date) are charging £18.30 from Heathrow. If you book your ticket with National Express approx 12 weeks out it will more than likely be even cheaper.

Edited by newport dave

You're better off using www.nationalexpress.com for your trip from London to Southampton (Only 1 'H'). Eavesway coaches are more set up to taking Brits from around the UK to Southampton and will probably be more expensive. Also National Express will have numerous coaches running throughout the day. A word of warning, you need to use 'Southampton Coach Station' and NOT 'Southampton Cruise Terminal' that one is only for limited Fred Olson cruises.

Just checked both sites. Eavesway are charging £43 for a single from Heathrow Airport to Southampton. National Express on the 1st May (random date) are charging £18.30 from Heathrow. If you book your ticket with National Express approx 12 weeks out it will more than likely be even cheaper.

Thanks , this is great info.. My wife and I have gotten lost several times while using the transportation system in the U.K. as a Ford F150 pickup is considered mass transit in our area.

Just to expand on Dave's post.

Yes, National Express is the coach operator.

You'll need to know your Heathrow terminal in order to book.

Select a time about 60 to 90 mins after your scheduled arrival time. If your flight or formalities are delayed you can switch to a later coach subject to availability & a small admin fee.

And yes, your destination is Southampton coach station - the "cruise terminal" option doesn't apply to your ship so if there's no Fred Olsen sailing that day it'll just say "no availability". Worse, if there is a Fred Olsen sailing it'll charge you more & take you to the wrong cruise terminal. :rolleyes:

No "fun-fare" discounts on airport routes, these are folk who have to travel so no need to sweeten the deal.

I think you can book further out than 12 weeks.

There's a taxi rank at Southampton coach station, it'll cost only about £5 to RCI's usual terminal "City Cruise Terminal". Or if the weather's fine & you're feeling energetic it's only a e15 - 20 minute walk on level ground.

If your travel plans go belly-up, the train is a useful Plan B. It involves an included shuttlebus from Heathrow to a mainline station then a direct train to Southampton. And expensive - about £40 per person. But fairly frequent service (2 or more trains per hour), total journey time about 2 hours, and no need to pre-book. So a better bet than grabbing a ridiculously-expensive cab from the rank at Heathrow.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull