Swizzle Inn??

bbryan5

So we are doing an NCL cruise to Bermuda next month, can't wait, we have never been there! I been doing some research, and people keep mentioning the Swizzle Inn. Who has been there? Cool place? Any food or drinks that are a must try? Post up some pics if you have them! Thanks all! :D

I went to the Swizzle Inn on my last visit to Bermuda. There are actually two Swizzle Inn's in Bermuda. One is on the South Shore, and the other is in Bailey's Bay. Their signature drink is the Rum Swizzle, which is rum (a lot of rum) mixed with different fruit juices. The food was good, but nothing to write home about. I had the fish sandwich, which I believe is one of their more popular items.

So we are doing an NCL cruise to Bermuda next month, can't wait, we have never been there! I been doing some research, and people keep mentioning the Swizzle Inn. Who has been there? Cool place? Any food or drinks that are a must try? Post up some pics if you have them! Thanks all! :D

Here is their homepage. If you want photos, Google swizzle inn bermuda > images.

SBtS

Our outdoor lunch on the 2d story patio of the original Swizzle Inn was a wonderful experience. The Bailey's Bay Fish Sandwich may not look like much, but it was absolutely delicious, and paired well with the Rum Swizzle. :) Definitely do not miss this place; have a great trip!

GemCruiseOct2011606.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Which of the locations is the original Swizzle Inn? I assume due to the popularity, they opened a second location?

The original location of SI is the one at the Bailey's Bay location which is about half way between Hamilton and St George.

The newer SI is on South Rd where the South Shore beaches are located and closer to the Dockyard

There is a map at their site.

SBtS

The original location of SI is the one at the Bailey's Bay location which is about half way between Hamilton and St George.

The newer SI is on South Rd where the South Shore beaches are located and closer to the Dockyard

There is a map at their site.

SBtS

If we're spending the morning in St George and wanted to grab lunch at the Bailey's Bay location, what's the bet way to get there? Taxi? 1,3, 10, or 11 Bus?

If we're spending the morning in St George and wanted to grab lunch at the Bailey's Bay location, what's the bet way to get there? Taxi? 1,3, 10, or 11 Bus?

How many are in your group? A taxi would certainly be faster. The fare for up to 4 passengers would be about $16. The bus stop for all the listed buses is across the street from the SI. The route #10 and #11 buses run, in combo, every 15 minutes.

SBtS

It was pretty simple by bus. Here's what we did -- ferry in the morning from the Dockyard to St. George, did the walking tour there, took the bus to the original Swizzle Inn (see lunch photo above, YUM!!), then took the bus to Hamilton to wander around there for a bit before taking a ferry back to the Dockyard.

The original is a couple of minutes away, by foot, from the Crystal Caves. If you plan to visit the caves, then plan a visit to the Swizzle Inn.

Second story patio is great !

But inside you have plenty of funny boards on all the walls with funny saying. I will try to post pictures of some.

Rum swizzle or dark and stormy...any ways you ( I ) will get out of there with a little...feeling :)

Pizza or panini or the special of the day is a sure thing !!! :)

Have fun !

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

If you go to Bermuda, you go to the Swizzle Inn. Especially for a souvenir T-shirt.... Swizzle Inn (front) Swagger Out (back). I like the original one near Crystal Cave and it has a bigger gift shop. It's a place where people put stickers of where they're from, etc, on the windows or wherever. There is indoor and outdoor seating. The newer place has a small gift shop and no stickers (at least last time I was there) and not as crowded. The rum swizzle is yummy (though not cheap).

Anywhere you eat or drink, check the bill as lots of places automatically add in the tip.

Edited by fridaythe13th

We go there every time we go to Bermuda. We usually take the bus from Hamilton, stop at the Aquarium in Flatts, then go to the original Swizzle Inn for lunch. I love the Portuguese Red Bean soup there - and of course the Swizzles. We've eaten dinner in the new one. It's good, but there's just something special about the atmosphere in the original. They used to have an awesome Montecristo sandwich, but I don't see it on their online menu.