Elite Status "The Easy Way"

hoosier_done_it

Sheesh... Here I posted that I "might" squeak by with 1 or even 2 days short for Platinum. Nope. I just booked a 17 day SF / FLL full transit. That will make only 5 cruises but 56 days. Do I get a gold star on my cabin door? No? Poop. (In truth I would really hate that. :eek:)

Actually I'm hoping I can squeak another shortie in somewhere between my November sailing to Mexico and the Panama Canal sailing since its so dang far off (September 21, 2015). I would BET that my wife is going to retire before the Panama Canal sailing and that would make it just that much easier to sneak in a coastal if one is offered. (Of course I haven't even paid for the 10 day Mexico cruise this November yet let alone the PC cruise next year...) I won't be able to retire until the end of 2016 (and that only gets me 50% retirement) but that's coming along slowly but surely.

My wife and I spent most of our adult lives so far denying ourselves any real indulgences because we had kids. The kids are now grown. Its OUR time! :D

My memory is the opposite. It was originally only number of cruises and then the option of number of days was added.

I bow to your recollection. Either way, number of days at sea still seems like the fairest way to Accrue Cosmic Merit. And if it was originally number of cruises only, I can more readily see why that was changed.

Now, about those sparkly crowns....

I won't be able to retire until the end of 2016 ...
Congratulations! I'll be retiring around the same time. Our big goal was to hit Elite before then so that we could get free laundry for longer cruises. So far, we've never managed to work out being away from work for more than two weeks. The free laundry would have been really handy a couple of years ago when we took a five-night land tour in Alaska before our cruise. Instead, I did a load of laundry soon after we boarded the ship.

We will sail as Elite for the first time in a month. Taking three short Ruby Princess cruises in the past year got us to 15 cruises. For us, they even out with the 10-day cruises we've taken. We've sailed 106 days on Princess ships, which is one day more than 15 week-long cruises.

My memory is the opposite. It was originally only number of cruises and then the option of number of days was added.

You're quite right. As I've mentioned before, it took us 350 days to get to our 15 cruises and Elite.

Edited by Nancyquilts