Dining question - MyTime, package

Hi there,

I was recently reading a thread on this board and someone mentioned something along the lines of being misinformed that one must make reservations for the MDR even if you are MyTime Dining.

The last time I said on RCI I was 13, and since then, I've only been on Carnival. Could you please let me know if I do need to make a reservation for each night, even if I'm MTD? If so: what happens if I miss my reservation? Can I still wait in line (only two in our party) to get a table? We have a port-intensive Baltic cruise, and I'm not sure what time we'll want to eat each day.

Second question - I've heard a lot of mention of a dining package that includes all three specialty restaurants on the Legend of the Seas, the ship we're booked on. I think it's around $100 or so. Did this get discontinued? On my cruise planner, the only dining options are the three specialty restaurants (individually) or a wine tasting, no option for a package. It's a 7 day cruise.

Thanks!

You don't need to make a booking at all. They will ask you to make one both online and in person for the first few days of your cruise, but it's not necessary. If having the same wait staff is important to you, booking a time will help that happen. Otherwise, just turn up and wait for a table. If it's only a few people getting a table is relatively quick and painless (as long as you're fine being seated with other groups is needed). For groups of about 8 or so it can be a bit harder, but not too bad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi there,

I was recently reading a thread on this board and someone mentioned something along the lines of being misinformed that one must make reservations for the MDR even if you are MyTime Dining.

The last time I said on RCI I was 13, and since then, I've only been on Carnival. Could you please let me know if I do need to make a reservation for each night, even if I'm MTD? If so: what happens if I miss my reservation? Can I still wait in line (only two in our party) to get a table? We have a port-intensive Baltic cruise, and I'm not sure what time we'll want to eat each day.

Second question - I've heard a lot of mention of a dining package that includes all three specialty restaurants on the Legend of the Seas, the ship we're booked on. I think it's around $100 or so. Did this get discontinued? On my cruise planner, the only dining options are the three specialty restaurants (individually) or a wine tasting, no option for a package. It's a 7 day cruise.

Thanks!

Personally...I think making reservations for MTD is ridiculous. :rolleyes: But some people have reported that it works for them (better).

In my opinion it should be your choice as to when you wish to dine if you have pre paid gratuities and choose MY...TIME...DINING. I went down one evening because I wanted a shrimp cocktail and onion soup, and they were totally flustered, but did seat and served me after a couple of minutes.

You didn't say when your cruise is, but there will probably be a dining package available when it gets closer. Somewhere between $70-$100, depending on whether you include Chef's Table or not. Just keep checking. It should appear under dining options. :)

My time dining is just like a land restaurant. You can make a reservation, or you can turn up when you're hungry and wait for a table. If its not busy you might get in straight away, if it is busier you might wait a few minutes.

I have enjoyed "my time dining" on our last few cruises, but we have always cruised with a group (12-30) people. On this cruise, we leave Monday on Liberty, it will just be my wife and I and I'm curious if there are tables for just two people.

Not trying to be unsociable, as the wife is a social butterfly, but it would be nice to have the option.

I have enjoyed "my time dining" on our last few cruises, but we have always cruised with a group (12-30) people. On this cruise, we leave Monday on Liberty, it will just be my wife and I and I'm curious if there are tables for just two people.

Not trying to be unsociable, as the wife is a social butterfly, but it would be nice to have the option.

There are many two tops in MTD.

Hi there,

Thanks!

*have to* No you do not. you can choose to do so IF YOU WANT.

the first time, we pre booked the same time every night( about half way between what would have been early and late seating in the MDR)

the second time we were much more flexible and made reservations once or twice that same day( and even changed the time and table size a few times)

or you can just walk up when you feel like it. some people say they have never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated, others say they have waited up to 20 minutes or more.

For the Main Dining room they have two separate lines. One for those with reservations and those who didn't make reservations. So it's up to you. I know me I made reservations because we have some shows lined up in the evening and we don't want to miss them if we have to wait in line a bit if we don't make a reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have done MTD several times on different ships. It is odd to us that on some of the ships, the "making reservations" concept for MTD has been somewhat insistent. We've learned to utilize MTD as we wish, which means we will make reservations is there is a show or activity we really want to do. Otherwise, we show up and go with the flow.

One aspect of MTD that has really changed since the inception on RCCL ships is having two lines. One for those with reservations and those without. Great concept and works well. Of course, there are always exceptions. While on the Allure, one evening, the non reservation line was swamped. Guess it was just the time we chose that evening.

or you can just walk up when you feel like it. some people say they have never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated, others say they have waited up to 20 minutes or more.

On our recent cruise we did have a 40 minute wait one night. It was definitely the exception. Every other night we went straight in with no wait at all. In the end we went to the a Windjammer because the kids were very restless and wanted to get to Adventure Ocean. Of course my mum said almost as soon as we left the maître d came over to take them in...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app