Purchasing a Transfer vs. taking a taxi from the Brooklyn Port?

kmhkmb

Can anyone advise on the ease of getting a taxi from the Brooklyn port to travel to LaGuardia? I am trying to decide between purchasing a transfer from the ship or just taking a taxi post cruise. I was leaning towards a taxi since I am travelling by myself and the price would be similar to buying a transfer - but I read in Tom's Port guide that the Brooklyn cruise port is chaotic, congested and that only buses are given priority. Thoughts?

Edited by kmhkmb

Why not a car service?

No meter and reasonable.

We always use Cadman 866-308-5466 or Arecebo 718-783-6465

I hadn't considered a car service - thanks for the suggestion!

We used a car service to the pier from our overnight hotel. He gave us his card and said to call when we got back. We called as we were pulling into the pier and he was waiting for us when we stepped off the ship. Slick and easy!

I used Arecibo and will never use them again. I gave them a specific time to pick me up and they weren't there. I waited 15 mins., called and they seemed to have no idea that they were supposed to pick me up. They scrambled and sent a different vehicle (cheap car that was barely holding together) and for this, I had to wait another 20 mins.!! Showing up 35 mins. late when I had a confirmed reservation in a car that was not reserved is not acceptable. Try the other company Colo suggests.

Here's another car/limo service. Dial 7, 777-7777 probably area code 212. Check them out on line. They worked out great for a group of us met up just a little beyond the hubub of activity. They will direct you where to meet.

Here's another car/limo service. Dial 7, 777-7777 probably area code 212. Check them out on line. They worked out great for a group of us met up just a little beyond the hubub of activity. They will direct you where to meet.

Another vote for Dial 7 and yes their number is 201-777-7777. We used them from Red Hook to NJ and we're booked with them again later this month for LaGuardia to NJ. Both trips are considerably longer than Red Hook to LGA and the price was very reasonable.

http://www.dial7.com/

Another vote for Dial 7 and yes their number is 201-777-7777. We used them from Red Hook to NJ and we're booked with them again later this month for LaGuardia to NJ. Both trips are considerably longer than Red Hook to LGA and the price was very reasonable.

http://www.dial7.com/

We also used Dial 7 this last October. He picked us up at our hotel near Times Square and drove us directly to pier in Brooklyn. He was very efficient, knew all the shortcuts, and even avoided any toll roads (rider is responsible for toll charges). I would not hesitate to use them again.

Edited by marjack