Regency Mailings

If you search the Regent board you will see it's a frequent topic of conversation. My mailings seem to have slowed down lately, who knows why ???

I decided to make lemonaid out of lemons, I use these as a regular "hints" for DH... Have been leaving them in places he has been known to frequent :) ie. the bathroom, his mirror for shaving, under his pillow.... Well you get the idea, the possibilities are endless :)

So far he seems resistant to this training method but I remain hopeful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I seem to be getting a new Regency brochure every day in the mail. What is up with that. They could have given me a free cruise in what they have paid in printing and postage.

Do you mean Regent Seven Seas Cruises? Regency was a less than luxury line that is no longer in business!

Edited by TedC

We received the new mega brochure on 4/2, when I tried to book the Navigator for New England in Oct on that same day, I was told the brochure fares were no longer in effect, even though this was a brand new printing.

I was advised that the correct new fares were on the website which were $300pp more than the brochure rate. I realize fares are frequently updated, but to not honor fares in a new current brochure is just not good.

So, I wasn't crazy about trying the Navigator (a little too small) so we decided to book on Crystal Serenity.

There are just too many good options out there to stay put, lucky us.

• 1 month later...

I spent the weekend at my city apartment - have not been there for six weeks. As I was going through the mail, I set aside each mailing from either Regent or Oceania. At the completion of sorting, I counted 31 pieces of mail, mostly catalogs. This is almost one piece every day - multiple this by the number of people of the mailing list and you are talking significant money. I would love to be the accountant who actually prepares the analysis of the advertising dollars spent vs revenue received. A rough guess, but I estimate at least $500 of each cruise fare is earmarked as advertising expense. This seems like a complete waste of money to me, esp since they mail the exact same catalogs to each of my mailing addresses. The amount of mailings could be reduced by at least 50% and I do not believe it would adversely affect the rate of bookings.

gnomie :)

If you search the Regent board you will see it's a frequent topic of conversation. My mailings seem to have slowed down lately, who knows why ???

I decided to make lemonaid out of lemons, I use these as a regular "hints" for DH... Have been leaving them in places he has been known to frequent :) ie. the bathroom, his mirror for shaving, under his pillow.... Well you get the idea, the possibilities are endless :)

So far he seems resistant to this training method but I remain hopeful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

LOL this is great. Good Luck!!

I don't mind the mailings. I get them from HAL, Cunard, and Regent. They are always great stimulus for me to reserve a great trip somewhere. None beat Cunard for its displays on museum quality paper, fold out grand views, and its classic writings. They are good enough to be coffee table displays. One trip on Cunard makes you a Cunarder and forever the recipient of 'Comeback' emails and brochures. I have great feelings for my trips on all three lines and I welcome my mailbox being absolutely packed with their good tidings. Jack