Before you purchase trip insurance...

I know this has been stated but it bears repeating.

MOST credit card companies provide trip insurance on vacations purchased using their cards.

We never buy trip insurance any more. It's just another perk.

Hope this helps someone,

I agree with the PP. While many credit cards have travel insurance, they also have limits and exclusions on that coverage. We have found their coverage insufficient on some trips, and have taken out supplemental insurance on those occasions. You MUST read the fine print.

It might/might not be a better deal moneywise with the credit card company, but I always take out the insurance with my TA. The reason being, when something goes wrong, they are close to where I live, and if necessary, I can get them to take care of it for me. In other words, I feel more comfortable knowing they will handle it for me of necessary. I would think with the credit card company, if I had a problem, who knows how long it would take to get it taken care of. At least 3 times the insurance has come in handy for me. I take out Travel Guard, and I have read people who like, and those who do not like it. I'm sure there are other insurance companies out there that might be less expensive, and maybe even better, but I don't have the time to read the "fine" print to see what they do/do not cover.

I know this has been stated but it bears repeating.

MOST credit card companies provide trip insurance on vacations purchased using their cards.

We never buy trip insurance any more. It's just another perk.

Hope this helps someone,

I did not realize that. What credit card provides foreign country medical evacuation and medical care?