Red Bull - so I pay no matter what ?

So Red Bull is $4.50 a can and not covered by any drink package, even the UBP and even though it's a common mixer ?

That about the size of it ?

Why not carry on a case or two with you. You can bring any sealed non-alcoholic drinks on board, and refill at ports of call.

So Red Bull is $4.50 a can and not covered by any drink package, even the UBP and even though it's a common mixer ?

So are pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, tomato juice, etc.

UBP - Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass during your entire cruise.

UBPCC - Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, and wines by the glass during your entire cruise.

Unlimited Fountain Soda - Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

These are the only drink packages i am aware of.

Edited by GuitarGuyFH

I need my daily Red Bull just to function, cant stand the taste of coffee. last year I brought my own onboard because I wasn't sure how much, or if they would even have it (some places near home only carry Monster...eww) I also noticed it was similar in price to home at the ports (Freeport and Nassau) so I picked up a couple extra cans as well as some bottled water while in port as well. Just bring your own and ask that your fridge be emptied so you have some place to keep it cold :-)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Perhaps if enough people request an unlimited everything drink package NCL would bring one out. I would imagine if thy do the rules about everyone in the cabin having to get it would apply as well.

Honestly, the requirement for all parties in the cabin to have a beverage package would be significantly more tolerable if the UBP included more non-alcoholic options.

I really like Celebrity's approach to the beverage package (note - as of my last sailing with Celebrity they didn't require all parties in the cabin to get a package; while I really like that approach, I wouldn't expect it of NCL if the packages were better rounded).

NCL - Ultimate Beverage Package:

Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass during your entire cruise. Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Celebrity has four versions -

Classic Non-alcoholic: In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas, and non-premium bottled water.

Classic: Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

Premium Non-alcoholic: Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca-Cola, premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, specialty coffees and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and specialty waters from Vitamin Water.

Premium: For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

Even if NCL did not want to do non-alcoholic vs normal packages, the diversity would make the cabin requirement a lot more palatable for people like DH and I where I drink and he doesn't.

Please don't flame me for bashing NCL but...

I do think it's unfair to have the cabin requirement & the very limited non-alcoholic options when there are very common situations (such as pregnancy) where alcoholic drinks just absolutely will not be consumed. The requirement or the lack of diversity, but I think having both is limiting the appeal for NCL's beverage package.

Edited by Cretia

Honestly, the requirement for all parties in the cabin to have a beverage package would be significantly more tolerable if the UBP included more non-alcoholic options.

I really like Celebrity's approach to the beverage package (note - as of my last sailing with Celebrity they didn't require all parties in the cabin to get a package; while I really like that approach, I wouldn't expect it of NCL if the packages were better rounded).

Celebrity has four versions -

Even if NCL did not want to do non-alcoholic vs normal packages, the diversity would make the cabin requirement a lot more palatable for people like DH and I where I drink and he doesn't.

Please don't flame me for bashing NCL but...

I do think it's unfair to have the cabin requirement & the very limited non-alcoholic options when there are very common situations (such as pregnancy) where alcoholic drinks just absolutely will not be consumed. The requirement or the lack of diversity, but I think having both is limiting the appeal for NCL's beverage package.

This will be my 15th sailing with NCL. First with the "Freestyle Concept". The more and more I read and investigate the options available to guest's the more restrictions I'm seeing :confused:. Don't call something Ultimate if it's not. Celebrity get's it!! We picked the Getaway because Celebrity bolts to Europe for the summer, and she is a new ship. We're going to have a great cruise :D but, come on NCL try to keep up with your competition on matters of UBP and UDP. Options for me to purchase without all the restrictions would be nice. I did get the UDP ;)

e.

This is to cut the losses with the double dipping people have done in the past. I never fail to see, someone with a drink passage, then passing off their card for some one else. I have been on 5 cruises this year, other lines, and saw it on every ship. Especially with families. The parent would tell the kid to go get them something- kid whines, but goes up, then passes the drink off to the parent. :( So I don't blame them at all, with this "requirement" which still has loop holes.

This is to cut the losses with the double dipping people have done in the past. I never fail to see, someone with a drink passage, then passing off their card for some one else. I have been on 5 cruises this year, other lines, and saw it on every ship. Especially with families. The parent would tell the kid to go get them something- kid whines, but goes up, then passes the drink off to the parent. :( So I don't blame them at all, with this "requirement" which still has loop holes.

Selectively quoting FTW? :o

You cut out the part of my statement that indicate while I was comparing NCL's policy to Celebrity I wouldn't expect to NCL to adopt the same requirements as Celebrity where Celebrity does not require all parties in the cabin to have the package.

You also ignored my points that the policy would be more palatable if the package were more inclusive in cases where some parties in the cabin cannot (pregnant) or will not (my husband) drink alcohol, which I think is a very valid point.

Wait wait wait... A vodka red bull is not covered even though it is under 8.50? Where and why would would this be true.

It's covered!! Op is wanting cans of Red Bull to be included in the alcohol package and of course it's not. All mixed drinks are covered within the dollar value.