NHL Playoffs

glm7777

Just watch last year's games. Or at least the last 17 seconds. The outcome will be the same. Lol.

We don't talk about that in my house.

LOL :D :D :D

For the Chicago PBS membership drive, they have a DVD called 17 Seconds.

It starts at "17 seconds" left in the game and then it goes to home video of all the players and what they did with their turn with the Cup. It may to "too soon" for you to watch it,:rolleyes: but as a hockey fan - its kinda cool to see what these players choose to do with it. Some drink out of it; but most take it back to their rink where they started and let all those mini's touch it. Very cool DVD.

I hate to disappoint you but you have a better chance of getting FREE Alcohol & Wine every night on your cruise than you will have of getting NHL. We just returned from a 7 day NCL Star cruise & NEVER was able to even get an NBA or NHL score much less a game. Plenty of soccer but no American ESPN or bottom line scores of any kind on any station. It took 4 days to find out the winner of the Kentucky-MSU game played on Sunday aft 3-30 (& I heard that from a U CONN fan that had a ball hat on).We did get the 2 semi-final games on Sat 4-5 but that is like the Super Bowl & the only live event shown!

BTW-----the Black Hawks will repeat!

NO ONE who has not earned the cup should ever touch it. Any hockey fan knows that!

I've been to 2 private cup viewings with Rocky Wirtz, owner of the Blackhawks, and everyone there touched the Cup. The guard guy with the white gloves said we could.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been to 2 private cup viewings with Rocky Wirtz, owner of the Blackhawks, and everyone there touched the Cup. The guard guy with the white gloves said we could.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It used to never be like that. When I was growing up and playing we were always told that you can't touch it unless you earned it. When I went to the Hall of Fame a couple years ago and had my picture taken with it - I still wouldn't touch it. I realize it's a replica, but still....

I think it was the Oilers back in the 80's who sort of let the "nobody touches it unless you earned it" tradition slide. Now everyone touches it. I accept and acknowledge that traditions change, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

LOL :D :D :D

For the Chicago PBS membership drive, they have a DVD called 17 Seconds.

It starts at "17 seconds" left in the game and then it goes to home video of all the players and what they did with their turn with the Cup. It may to "too soon" for you to watch it,:rolleyes: but as a hockey fan - its kinda cool to see what these players choose to do with it. Some drink out of it; but most take it back to their rink where they started and let all those mini's touch it. Very cool DVD.

We have it - we just don't watch it. Or CAN'T watch it - not sure which.

Oh. My. Word. I just realized that there is a possibility that we may be on our cruise WHEN the Boston Bruins enter the final round for the Stanley Cup. Please, please tell me they will likely broadcast it onboard. I'd hate to cancel my cruise and lose all that money but I will if I have to!! I should have planned this better LOL!

Don't worry, Montreal will solve your issue for you in the second round. :D

Okay....I'll be the first to say it here. Go Red Wings!!!! We've been plagued this year with injuries but our Grand Rapids Griffins young guns that have been backing them up deligently and will help them pull through for a Stanley Cup. 23 straight years in the play offs!!!!

We were on a the Dawn in February, and none of the Olympics were broadcast (that we could find). However, we DID spend a fabulous day at Maya Chan, watching Canada beat Norway. It was certainly the first time I ever spent intermission drinking a Pina Colada while floating in the Caribbean! :cool:

Bosten isn't winning it all, it's all about the Rangers! ... Ok, I know we're not winning it all, but I can dream can't I??

I was on the Breakaway in October when Boston won to make it to the world series, it wasn't shown anywhere. All the Bosten fans near us kept looking online for the score. If baseball playoffs weren't shown, sadely I'd say with almost certainity a game 7 cup final game wouldn't even be shown. Regardless of who's in it.

I don,t want to disappoint you, but I have been away on cruises during the Stanley Cup playoffs for the last 2 years and I not seen very much hockey on their big screen or in the sports bar. I was lucky to even find out the NHL scores on the ticker below any sports show that was on tv. The ticker would give all the scores from baseball and basetball and just when it would get to the nhl it would go to a commercial. Lol ... By the time the ad was over it was back to baseball and basketball again. Good Luck! I found out the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup 2 days after the fact. Luckily I saw Hawk flags flying on a few of the houses and then I talked to some people in the bar. That was in Alaska last year. Hockey has been not a priority on sports tv on the ships I have been on lately. Good Luck ! I was leaving on a cruise 6 years ago when Canada was playing the US for the gold medal . We were all watching it on the big screen. Just when it was beginning the overtime , it was shut off for the muster drill. There was almost a riot. LOL Not just the Canadian fans.. the American as well! It was priceless. We found out who won when the muster drill was over!