Stateroom upgrades

We are cruising on Indy later on in the year and have chosen a guaranteed inside stateroom. We have just received our stateroom number and it seems to be located in a good place. Will this definitely be our cabin or could we still get upgraded? Also if we were offered an upgrade could we refuse it and stick with the first cabin we were given?

There's no "definitely", but it's highly likely that your stateroom will not change. If you don't want an upgrade, you can call whoever booked your cruise and ask them to put a "Do not upgrade" note in your booking.

Edited by clarea

Thank you all for your replies, to be honest I'm quite happy where our stateroom is positioned so if we aren't offered an upgrade its absolutely fine! I just need to work out the fastest route to the cupcake cupboard from the cabin!:D

Do a quick dummy booking for your cruise and see what the availability is like, that should give you an indication as to how likely you are going to be offered an upgrade.

We are sailing on Indy later this year too, October 28th, and were originally booked in a balcony suite but called and upgraded it a few weeks ago, due to a new job, to a junior suite (I needed the extra points!). But have just done a dummy booking for our cruise and ALL the balcony AND junior suites are sold out....the next thing up from us is a couple of Grand Suites, a couple of Owner Suites and the Royal Suite.......so my guess is that we will not be getting a call from the upgrade fairy! :rolleyes:

In the past when I have been really happy with a cabin selection I have put a "No Upgrade" status against my booking, I did it online.

Hope that helps :)

In our nearly 20 cruises with Royal Caribbean we have never recwived an upgrade. Besides our own experience, many others on Cruise Critic state that Royal Caribbean upgrades are few and far between. So chances are pretty solid that the cabin assigned is your room.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

We are cruising on Indy later on in the year and have chosen a guaranteed inside stateroom. We have just received our stateroom number and it seems to be located in a good place. Will this definitely be our cabin or could we still get upgraded? Also if we were offered an upgrade could we refuse it and stick with the first cabin we were given?

You could log in to your account on the RC website and select "Do Not Upgrade" in you preferences.

I also believe that once the cabin is assigned you can change that cabin to any other cabin you prefer in that same category. I know I have done that in the past.

That option, available to those booking in North America, is not available to U.K. bookers.