Luggage hold at Port of Miami ???

ChiMimi69

I've never had the need to know this before but, now I need to know.

Hotels hold luggage for guests who arrive hours before check-in or those whose flights do not depart for hours after check-out. I was wondering if cruise lines do this as well. I would rather not book an uninteresting excursion in Miami just to kill a few hours before heading to the airport. Does NCL have a "port side concierge" that would allow you to leave your luggage at the port and come back for it later??? :confused: I know it's a longshot but, I thought I would ask. I've not sailed with NCL before and maybe they offer this service? :p

Thank you for your response! Edited by ChiMimi69

Not that I saw.

One option is their BAGS program. They take your bags the night before and deliver them to the airport/airline for you. There's a fee for this, but it's very convenient. We used it in Seattle when we had hours to kill before our flight. We didn't see our bags until baggage claim in San Diego

[url]http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bags[/url]

You're allowed 3 bags per person for the $20 fee, but you would still need to pay the airline bag fees just like you would normally (if they apply) Edited by sdmike

[quote name='sdmike']Not that I saw.

One option is their BAGS program. They take your bags the night before and deliver them to the airport/airline for you. There's a fee for this, but it's very convenient. We used it in Seattle when we had hours to kill before our flight. We didn't see our bags until baggage claim in San Diego

[URL]http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bags[/URL]

You're allowed 3 bags per person for the $20 fee, but you would still need to pay the airline bag fees just like you would normally (if they apply)[/quote]

A bit expensive but, something to consider if I have the money for it. Thanks sdmike! Edited by ChiMimi69

[quote name='ChiMimi69']A bit expensive but, something to consider if I have the money for it. Thanks sdmike![/QUOTE]
We have used this program, best $40 we ever spent. No looking through a sea of luggage for our bag, hauling it to the airport, stand in line. It was so nice to put our bags out and not have to handle them again till we got to Boston. Made the end of vacation so much easier. We didn't think $20 each was a bad price for such a great service.

[quote name='rochelle_s']If it costs $20 for three bags per person, could a couple not put both bags under one name and save the second $20 charge?

Just curious..

Rochelle[/QUOTE]

well, they are also checking you in for your flight (and providing boarding passes),so if you put them all with one person you'll end up paying the airline fee for checking three bags to one person which is usually really high. But for our family of 4, we typically only get this for two people.... each with 2 free bags through our mileage program gets everything checked in without extra fees.

[quote name='rochelle_s']If it costs $20 for three bags per person, could a couple not put both bags under one name and save the second $20 charge?

Just curious..

Rochelle[/QUOTE]

Why not?

Just keep in mind that when those bags get to the airport, NCL will be telling the airline that [B]all [/B]the bags belong to just one guest...who will then be responsible for the airline charges for the 2nd and/or 3rd checked bags.