2 ships in Coco Cay

Tapi

Has anybody been to Coco Cay when there are 2 ships in port? When we sail on Enchantment, we are scheduled to be there with the Grandeur. It seems like it may not be as much fun with twice as many people.

Any experience with 2 ships there?

Thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is a LOT of beach on the island. No matter how many get off the ship, 75% will be found within 500 yards of where the tender docks. Just continue following the path past the mobs and you will find large and mostly empty beaches on the other side of the island.

Coco Kay is a private island and it's tendered port, so having two ships offshore wouldn't make a Lotta difference

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will make a difference as the people on those ships want to get off and go to the island. There are a limited number of tenders present at Coco Cay. The tenders that are there are sufficient for one ship there for the day but add a second ship and you just split the number of tenders available to each ship. I'm sure the two ships in question here can be handled by the tenders present but the wait times might be longer than normal.

Enchantment and Grandeur are both Vision Class ships with Enchantment being slightly larger with a few more passengers. Those two ships being present at Coco Cay on the same day would just about be equal to one Freedom Class ship passenger number wise.

There was a time were both Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas were at Coco Cay for the Bud Light cruise's were concerts were held on the island. That was close to 7,000 total passengers present from both ships. I heard horror stories of the tendring experience for that event. Fortunately the following years Bud Light cruise they used Majesty and Monarch which cut way back on the crowds.

There is a LOT of beach on the island. No matter how many get off the ship, 75% will be found within 500 yards of where the tender docks. Just continue following the path past the mobs and you will find large and mostly empty beaches on the other side of the island.

Very true! :)

I was on the Grandeur in December when the Enchantment joined us in CocoCay. They go to different landing areas, make sure you follow the signs when you leave so you don't end up on the wrong ship! ;)

I have lots of pictures in my review, including a fun GR vs EN beach competition. Was it too crowded?

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv382%3B%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E27%3B38948%3B3257ot1lsi

Ummmm.....no.

I see 5 people.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4923%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E27%3B38646%3A%3B257ot1lsi

Pure bliss.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv5364%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E27%3B38646%3A%3A257ot1lsi

We were at Coco Cay last week on the Grandeur. Had another ship there with us. Sorry, don't remember which one :o

Plenty of loungers to go around. They only time that it felt busy was at lunch, the line was long.

I do recommend getting off the ship sooner rather than later. Better choice of loungers. The hammocks in the trees looked wonderful! But we were there for the sun, so we had lots of choices of loungers, numerous with umbrellas! We were at Barefoot Beach, you have to walk a little further for that one, but so worth it!

I thought that Coco Cay was a slice of paradise!

Pretty much same experience when we were on Coco Cay with both Monarch and Majesty a few years ago. Lunch was crowded, but the beach was no problem. You had to buy drinks from crewmembers from your ship. They wore different armbands to distinguish.

Coco Kay is a private island and it's tendered port, so having two ships offshore wouldn't make a Lotta difference

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You don't think so? It was an awful day back in 2007 when Majesty and Sovereign were there the same day. Now maybe they have added more tenders since then, but that really was a horrible day, there weren't enough tenders, The CD came over the PA and said, don't even try to get on the tender there is already huge lines. It took us till 11:30 am to get there. Once ashore the lunch lines were terrible as well. The wait for a tender back was pretty long too.

Edited by BillOh

Is the island more than 500 yards long? I'm guessing 100% of the people will be within 500 yards :)

We have been there on the Majesty, when the Enchantment was also there, and the tenders running to both didn't seem to make much difference.

As I recall, when only one ship is anchored offshore, there are two of the Coco Cay tenders that are tied up and not used.

The only area that had much of a line was the food areas. The bars were not too crowded, and there was plenty of beach area left unused.

Now that Royal is bringing larger ships to Coco Cay, and especially when there is a younger crowd aboard, that all want to get off......well, that has to be a different story.

I would expect some crowding in that case!!:)

Rick

Been there with both Majesty and Monarch tendered at the same time. Didn't really notice crowding. There are two main food areas.... They usually only open one. But when there were two ships, they opened both. Can't say for sure, but it appeared to me that Monarch crew were working one, and Majesty the other. You could get food at either. Bars were busy and staffed with crew from both ships, but not crowded.

And I should add that when both ships set sail at 5PM, there was a massive horn battle. :)

Edited by MJonTravel

We sail frequently on Grandeur - and have been at Coco Cay several times with Enchantment. Tenders run frequently and didn't seem to be a problem. As a Grandeur sailer, I thought the signs for Enchantment were better than the signs directing us back to the Grandeur tender area.

Is the island more than 500 yards long? I'm guessing 100% of the people will be within 500 yards :)

Ok... Perhaps my guess of 500 yards is off. The point is that most people park their butts relatively near where the tender drops them off. The further you walk down the path, the less and less people there are... By the time we got to the opposite side of the island from the Tender dock, there were still plenty of lounge chairs but only us, a couple other folks and a huge empty beach.